Ready for a challenge? Interested or know someone who might be?
Elsevier is looking for a dynamic Product Manager I with proven product management expertise. Our exciting and industry-changing Assessment Solution products are providing our client universities and their students with innovative ways to measure the path to academic success. Collaborating directly with the Product Director, you will be leading Elsevier Nursing and Health Education's Assessment Solutions product strategy and execution! If you are passionate about building great products that wows customers, this is your opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students pursuing a career in the field of Nursing & Allied Health. This is a dynamic role and requires consideration for long-term product quality, customer and end-user satisfaction, and calls for a highly detail oriented individual with serious entrepreneurial drive. The product team is results oriented and operates as a single unit to manage priorities and changing focus with the product lifecycle.
- You will own a product feature area and lead project execution.
- You will own the development plan and represent their feature within the PM team and will have an internal network across product domains.
- You will have a solid understanding of the customer and target market.
- You will represent the needs of the customer to the delivery team and will support and participate in the demo to key stakeholders at program milestones.
What you’ll do:
• Interacts with customers and internal stakeholders to represent requirements and understand key customer needs and market basics.
• Focuses on delivering customer commitments.
• Tracking customer feedback, issues and competitive information to develop and prioritize the product development.
• Oversee product functionality beta tests to ensure quality and a positive customer experience.
Data-Driven Decision-Making & Analysis
• Autonomously analyzes situations and imperfect data to guide decisions and direction.
• Is proficient at reviewing and utilizing data from predefined dashboards to make decision recommendations.
• Compares and evaluates various possibilities, and makes recommendations for action that consider business implications.
Product Delivery & Development Lifecycle:
• Has a thorough understanding of the broader product experience and uses this knowledge to develop comprehensive prototypes.
• Drives key end-to-end lifecycle components, from planning to release.
• Helps drive solutions for complicated design challenges.
• Writes clear requirements for complex features or products and is responsive to requests for clarifications.
• Creates documentation for sales teams on functionality, demonstration clickpaths, and customer facing troubleshooting, FAQ or other materials as needed.
Go to Market & Product Marketing Lifecycle:
• Executes on go to market launch plans as required.
• Works directly with internal business partners, e.g. sales to gather and assess product needs in the marketplace.
• Trains and educates internal business partners, e.g. sales.
• Contributes to building collateral and marketing materials and provides input and expertise.
• Directly addresses customer complaints.
• Interacts independently with customers through in person communication, e.g. at various customer events.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen:
• Meaningfully contributes to development and execution of the product strategy.
• Makes links between personal goals and the product teams/business strategy.
• Understands how role contributes to success of product and business strategy and goals.
• Understands the basics of the company technology stack at a high level, for his/her feature area.
• Uses technologies to assist day-to-day tasks (Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence)
• Ability to engage developers to understand technology constraints.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• 2-4 years of product management experience
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to work with others to modify or maintain a product and identify technology challenges.
• Demonstrated readiness to engage in customer engagements.
• Demonstrated readiness to engage in work under minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree