The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product life cycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision and roadmap, and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing, and dealers to ensure market share, margin, and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the Company’s overall strategy and goals. Travel anticipated to be up to 25%.
- · Achieves market share growth for assigned product lines that correspond with Raymond’s annual plan of record. Contributes to the budgeting and forecasting process for marketing, coordinating with finance and operations as required.
- · Determines current and future customer and market needs through market intelligence and voice of customer efforts. Assembles, maintains, and uses actionable competitive intelligence.
- · Creates sustainable competitive advantage for product lines. Provides overall product line leadership to substantiate the compelling value proposition of Raymond’s offering.
- · Works closely with engineering for product roadmap and life cycle management. Owns the strategic product planning and Marketing Requirements Definition (MRD) processes. Acts as an interface with engineering to develop the next generation of products, product enhancements, and services.
- · Ensures new products / services fulfill marketplace requirements for their successful introduction into the market as well as their long-term success. Creates programs and content to stimulate profitable sales growth.
- · Establishes and maintains product pricing that will optimize market share growth and profitability.
- · Monitors ongoing maintenance / health of products including customer satisfaction, warranty, lead times, product margin, and customization. Recommends and helps prioritize actions that will drive sustainable improvements.
- · Assesses overall material handling systems in the warehouse/distribution centers or manufacturing locations, and develops strategic balance between manual and automated material handling solutions for Raymond’s customers.
- · Provides technical expertise and training to the sales force for products and applications.
- · Represents Raymond as the product and solutions expert for assigned product line(s).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, and a Master’s Degree is highly preferred. Also requires a minimum of ten years of broad experience in a product management, product marketing, product engineering, or analytical role. Experience in the forklift industry is preferred. Experience with automated or robotic systems is preferred. The successful candidate will possess a sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer requirements and quality expectations. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including senior and executive level staff is also a key to success.