As an Omni Product Data Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for working alongside our business stakeholders and technical partners to create new processes and build capabilities that enable our shopping experiences. You’ll lead initiatives dedicated to improving the speed-to-market of our merchandise assortments and ultimately transition the company away from legacy practices into more efficient processes. The ideal candidate for this role would not only have experience working in an agile environment, but also possess a deep understanding of product data, web management and the item set up systems involved in getting merchandise into a sellable state.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with senior leaders on program level strategy development and execution.
- Contributes to successful continuous delivery of product roadmaps, within budget and schedule, by identifying risks and developing & recommending mitigation strategies.
- Reviews tactical implications to products or business areas ensuring long-term goals and an enterprise view are represented in requirements.
- Lead & manage a scrum team by setting the priority and communicating a clear vision
- Creates and analyzes regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPI’s and to measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Troubleshoots and researches issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify what is impacting the business and determine how to address.
- Builds strong working relationships with teams across the organization & key stakeholders to help facilitate awareness and support of business strategies and initiatives.
- Supports and provides direction to the associate product managers in determining the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality.
- Ensures the team gathers and writes high quality user stories (requirements) in order to provide a solid foundation for realizing the benefits of the project.
- Educates and evangelizes best practices throughout organization to build awareness for impact to business and ensure alignment for cross-team initiatives.
- Maintains market awareness of industry trends and competitive landscape to help identify necessary updates and new opportunities.
- Manages vendor partners to help solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy.
- Strong strategic, creative thinking and decision-making skills
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks to deliver expected results on time
- Must have extremely strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and develop internal and external relationships; collaborating across multiple business and technology functions, relationship building, and consensus building are essential
- Self-motivated and results oriented individual able to work independently and work collaboratively with a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and communicate with technical and non-technical audience
Education & Work History Requirements
- 4-5 years of product management and digital experience
- Experience in scrum/agile development methodology
- Retail experience preferred
- Experience with PIM (product information management) and other merchandising or web management tools used for item set up and product data.
- JIRA and Confluence as tools for Agile Project Management
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT or other related field