About the Role
The Technical Privacy Team's mission is to make Uber the industry model for consumer privacy through products and services, standards in product, engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
You will work closely with our Legal and Policy teams to ensure we holistically consider the regulatory environment and market landscape around privacy -- and you will have a global impact, building experiences across all products at Uber and advising the company's values and standards for privacy.
You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique privacy technologies and grow user trust. We need your skills and passion to make it happen.
What you'll do
- Sit at the intersection of Law, Policy, Business , and Engineering.
- Define product requirements that factor in user needs and problems, legal requirements, the policy landscape , and business strategy.
- Develop a short-term roadmap and long-term vision for the Privacy Platforms product area.
- Build the vision for and deliver a suite of internal APIs and a Privacy-as-a-service platform that makes it easy for all of Uber's current and future apps to add privacy.
- Manage the roadmaps for our differential privacy, data deletion , and data preservation services.
- Minimum of 4 years experience delivering highly successful solutions in engineering, product management, data analytics or strategy & operations - you're very proud of what you've accomplished.
- An engineering-focused undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience with the user and technical challenges faced in Privacy, Trust & Safety or Risk engineering and product teams.
- You're able to educate partners on the privacy impact of product decisions and ensure innovation and data protection coexist.
- You're just as comfortable with on the ground privacy challenges as you are driving strategy with executive leadership.
- You have forward-thinking ideas for user privacy and can apply them in a business environment.
- A great teammate. Your product instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a phenomenal sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler, not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others
- Passion. You're excited and equipped to share our message on privacy and data protection to our users, the industry, and other experts.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.