Product Manager – Print Media Platforms
Job ID: 117628
Brand: The Home Depot
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Corporate/Other
Category: MarketingApplyPOSITION PURPOSE
The Product Manager – Print Media Platforms is responsible for driving a world-class and industry-leading marketing content and asset management platform to support all printed media, including catalogs, newspaper inserts, fliers, and corresponding space and communications planning in our stores. This platform will be responsible for the creation, management, and distribution of content for use in all related customer communications. Our printed media and store spaces are critical for communications with our customers and this platform will help ensure that customers have the most convenient and valuable experiences possible in those media.
The Product Manager is responsible for owning the business requirements, roadmap, and capital budget for the print media platforms and their progressively more effective role in creating great experiences for customers of The Home Depot. The Product Manager is responsible for understanding and intercepting capability needs for the platform among its internalcustomers/stakeholders and ensuring that those needs are appropriately scoped, prioritized, and delivered within the product roadmap.
The Product Manager will also support in-depth business reviews, present to senior management, and partner with the Technology, Design, and Operations teams. The Product Manager must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (analyzing data, solving problems). He or she will help monitor and drive the platform effectiveness, measuring and reporting on its impact on marketing effectiveness and efficiency. The Product Manager should be passionate about the marketing technology and how it creates better outcomes for internal marketing customers and ultimately for our end-customers, making their experiences with The Home Depot more consistent, valuable, and intuitive…all in service of servicing their Home Improvement needs. The Product Manager must have proven analytical capability, the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment, and outstanding abilities to partner with a diverse range of internal partners.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to help deliver site features that provide Home Depot customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
- Forecast, monitor, analyze and report on the product line.
- Conduct financial analysis and assist in the creation of business plans for new opportunities.
- Create business requirements and drive improvements to customer-facing site features, back end systems, and new business models.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the E-commerce industry, its seasonality and global business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
- Drive projects and promotions with site merchandising, web development, and design teams.
- Identify and assess value of technology licensing with new vendors to deliver on innovative customer experience features.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position typically reports to Dir, Online Product Management.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Planning, monitoring and reviewing work of subordinates is required. This may include direct supervision of a shift or the coordination of multiple work groups.
- Makes recommendations concerning selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degreeprogram or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity tomove about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or Masters preferred
- 5-7+ years (i.e., technology, ecommerce, consulting)
- Previous experiences within a consumer goods or retail company
- Familiar with consumer behaviors, web marketing, online user experience concepts, practices, agile, business models, and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and confidence in financial and capital reporting.
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment and attaining accountability and results from matrixed groups.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and excellent relationship building skills across technology and marketing organizations.
- Experience with web analytics software (i.e., adobe web analytics, google analytics, etc.)
- Quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Experience with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), cross-collaboration, and team skills
- Passion for and experience with Marketing Technology Product Management.
- Specific expertise with CMS/content management platforms and ideally their interactions withcampaign management platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Ability to think both strategically and tactically
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects across diverse groups, including UX design, creative, development, and QA – work prioritization and planning
Proven track record of taking ownership and driving meaningful results
Exceptional interpersonal, communication, cross-collaboration and team skills
Knowledge of E-commerce business KPIs and technologies