Upstart is looking for a Product Manager - Pricing to help us achieve our mission of enabling effortless credit based on true risk. As a product manager, you will work closely with our engineers and machine learning experts to guide products from conception to launch. You will design and develop technologies that increase our pricing speed and accuracy, delivering Upstart’s core value to borrowers in the form of lower rates. You will also play an important part in imagining our next moonshots.
One of the reasons Upstart has experienced such rapid growth is because of the clear-eyed, analytical approach we take to product enhancements. The right candidate for this role should be highly ambitious, able to organize both ideas and people, and excel at problem solving of all kinds. You should have a bias toward action and be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive rapid product development. You will bridge the technical and business worlds as you first design services that our customers love and then engage stakeholders to make them a reality. By clearly defining requirements and removing blockers, you will act as a multiplier on the productivity of your team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Define our pricing vision and strategy, including API pricing to partners
- Identify and prioritize new and valuable data sources for increasing pricing accuracy
- Launch features and model updates on a regular basis in conjunction with the engineering and machine learning teams
- Experiment aggressively to understand the relationship between pricing and conversion
- Make smart trade-offs to limit computational time and spend
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
Here is what we are looking for:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years of product management experience at a computationally heavy growth-stage company.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Passion and aptitude for credit and financing-related economic concepts.
- Experience leading a product that relies on machine learning and AI (strongly preferred).
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience; the ideal candidate will be very comfortable discussing the trade-offs of core computer science concepts.
- Experience bringing teams together using Agile development methodology.
- Experience building online finance products, and/or knowledge of the consumer finance market.