Poynt was founded on the belief that all merchants should have access to innovative technology without compromising on security or user experience. We set out to fix broken commerce infrastructure by bringing developers, distributors and merchants together on an open platform running on top of a smart, all-in-one device. The company has raised over $28 million dollars in venture funding from prominent firms like Google Ventures.
Poynt is building the payment terminal and commerce platform of the future. Some of the largest merchants, developers, banks, and resellers in the world are key partners on this platform, and we aim to provide an incredible level of insight and control to each of these parties over their highly unique use cases and concerns.
Our real-time data pipeline ingests, normalizes, and aggregates billions of events from our apps and Smart Terminal, and deliver instant insights and trigger alerts on web/mobile apps for each of our customer types. We constantly tread the line between performance and scalability, using many different backend tools and optimizations to produce the most useful yet fastest interfaces and alert
With our founder and CEO Osama Bedier — former head of Google Wallet and long-time PayPal senior executive — we strive to create tools that will help merchants thrive in today’s evolving and connected commerce world.Though we are quickly growing, one thing remains constant: we are a family. We approach challenges and opportunities head on, all the while growing and evolving as individuals and a company. Our culture has allowed us to recruit the best talent from prominent tech companies like Google, PayPal, Visa, Square and others.
About the Role
As a Product Manager at Poynt, you will beresponsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely withdesigners, engineers, analysts, andothercross functional team members within the organization to ensure that our products amaze and delight our users.
You will do the following:
- Own justification of product features through metrics and secondary research
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases
- Write user narratives to imagine the experience a customer may have
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for
- product initiatives and releases
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to edit the service and product
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against a mandate
- Perform market research and analysis
- Natural leadership instincts with proven ability to innovate
- 5+ years of product management experience
- An entrepreneurial work style, you are a self-starter
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work well with designers and engineers
- An analytical and metrics driven work style
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or consumer internet company
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Passion for payments & new technology
- Experience in platform strategy / APIs is a plus