This position will work closely with the Lead Product Manager to define and write product features to be implemented by the Scrum Team. You are responsible to assist in the definition of high-value extensions and enhancements to PowerSchool's Administration product portfolio. This position will follow the Agile development process, to define the scope of work for the Scrum team by creating user stories, developing acceptance criteria and refining the product backlog. Working with product management and subject matter experts, you will apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. This position will also use their skills to advance the progress of the Agile maturity model and provide timely reporting to Senior Management to ensure corporate objectives are being met.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Improve organizations performance on delivering products by managing the cross functional development scope with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum teams.
• Support the product manager in the development of product vision, goals, themes and features. This translates into a product roadmap and long-term product strategy and feature development
• Participate and help lead daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with your Engineering team, guiding direction and focus
• Translate product directives into backlog items, effectively representing customer needs. Serve as the primary source of external information for the Scrum teams, offering clear definitions of the targeted capability, the intended value to the customer, and functional/non-functional requirements framing the scope of the capability – independent of implementation.
• Work closely with Development on implementation issues
• Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria
• Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
• Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior tostakeholders including external and internal customers
• Coordinates products between departments for global visibility
• Communicate the product vision to the technical teams as well as to other teams within the company
• Ensuring the correct features are being development, considering the value being delivered against the cost of delivery
• Provide weekly reports on project status to Senior Management
• Monitor and identify impediments to release objective and suggest corrective actions as necessary
• 5+ years' prior experience in a product owner, product manager, or senior business analyst role
• Excellent understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
• Excellent ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
• Excellent ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions
• Excellent ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
• Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Strong attention to accuracy and detail, while still results oriented
• Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology practices
• Strong problem solving, conflict resolution, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Experience with business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
• Bachelor's degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience