Responsible for the overall management of assigned product lines, including: Providing overall strategic direction, managing product portfolio and administering and coordinating day-to-day activities.
- Provide overall strategic direction for assigned product lines, including development of three-year product plans.
- Manage product portfolio including new product development (see below for specifics) and ongoing evaluation of SKUs for potential changes or rationalization. Use lifecycle analysis, distribution and movement data, market research and industry trends to insure portfolio has necessary depth and breadth while maintaining financial effectiveness. Manage SKU rationalization processes.
- Drive assigned product line to achieve contribution margin targets.
- Drive new product development. This includes managing thePDI process, situation analysis (including industry trends, field and customer input, competitive gap analysis) to identify and confirm opportunities, positioning (product features, benefits, colors, pricing, and financial analysis (volume, price, costs, capital). Maintain a continuous flow of new products appropriate for marketplace requirements delivered according to the product launch calendar.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate packaging for product.
- Develop pricing guidance tools and processes to maximize overall product line profitability, taking into consideration legal guidelines, product positioning, current competitive situations and long-term competitive standing.
- Administer and coordinate day-to day activities including acting as focal point for all activities associated with product lines. Frequent communication with customers, field sales, headquarters and plant operations, customer service, and other associates involved in the day-to-day "run the business activities".
- Interface with Marketing Communications to assist in defining marketing communications strategy to support product, channel and brand strategies.
- Development of sales tools with specific product knowledge, features and benefits and confirmation of product claims; insure production elements (parts for samples, color chips, etc.) are delivered to meet launch timetables.
- Coordinate (in conjunction with technical associates) competitive product testing to support product development and selling communications). Includes requesting competitive samples from the field and working with engineering todetermine suitable metrics. As appropriate, effectively communicate learnings and implications to key audiences (Marketing Communications, Field Sales, Customer Service, Operations).
- As appropriate, communicate specific product related information (i.e., new products, product updates and changes, competitive product, product training, etc.) to internal and external audiences, including management, customers, field sales and customer service.
- Interact with R&D and/or Engineering on code related issues.
- Ensures product installation manuals are developed, disseminated and maintained as appropriate.
- Interact with sales as necessary to support selling initiatives including sales blitzes, tradeshows and customer visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum of five years of business experience; three of which must have been in one of the following: 1) Product management position, 2) Building products of appropriate industry in a highknowledge role (including but not limited to sales, marketing, engineering/technical, operations management). Experience in building products industry preferred, especially with similar customer base (RSI distributors, home centers).
Highly developed verbal and written communication skills required. Strong Analytical and planning skills. Problem solving orientation required. Effective in analysis, solution and presentation ofmarketing data required. Ability to create and gain buy-in tostrategic vision for assigned product lines. Proven ability toinfluence and drive organization toward agreement an timely implementation of agreed to activities.
Position requires moderate travel (20-25%).