We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our growing team. Today, Symbio’s software platform supports the internal developer experience. In the future, the platform will support the external developer experience as well.
You will be responsible for product management for Symbio’s software platform, including working with a cross-functional team to define the product roadmap. You’ll then create detailed product requirements and prototypes, then roll out features and products. You’ll work closely with the engineering team, customer team, customers and partners. Incorporating feedback and input from customers, partners and in-house teams on product strategy, you’ll help find ways to expand product market reach.
As the first full-time member of the product team, you will be an influential leader in a fast-growing organization. This position reports to the CEO.
Your Day to Day
- Gain a deep understanding of the internal customer experience, identify and fill product gaps.
- Work with leadership, engineering, applications, and customer teams to define the vision and roadmap for Symbio’s platform products.
- Implement the product roadmap through regular product releases in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Manage the product backlog, and create and maintain use cases, feature specifications and UI mockups.
- Collect and consolidate feedback from clients and other stakeholders. Provide product updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners and customers
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Visit customers to gather feedback on company products and services
- Develop product positioning strategies
- Provide thought leadership on software defined manufacturing through compelling product concepts.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, and identify opportunities and threats to the business.
Chief Executive Officer
- Must have owned and delivered innovative software products, preferably in enterprise software, robotics, AI, machine learning, and/or industrial automation
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to internal stakeholders in engineering, program management, customer teams (sales, customer success, marketing), and executive leadership
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and/or robotics, AI, machine learning, industrial automation
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills written, visual (presentations) and verbal
- Ability to think strategically (for the product vision) as well as tactically (defining small well-specified features that add up into a bigger feature).
- Quick learner, and a strong team player.
- BS / MS in an engineering discipline preferred.