San Jose, CA
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Less than 5 years
Posted 61 days ago
ABB Ability Platform is a set of common software technologies and services for the device, edge, and cloud. ABB Ability Platform Ecosystem is a network of ABB Businesses, their digital, business & software people, data, IoT applications & solutions that are all connected by the shared use of the ABB Ability platform. The community leverages the platform's core components and services in order to deliver value to end customers via secure digital industrial applications and solutions. The Product Manager (Development Community Management) will report directly to the Head of the Platform Ecosystem Product Management based in San Jose, CA. The role will focus on building the developer community space by creating an inviting experience that enables exploration, on-boarding, platform consumption, application development and post development exchanges. You will own the set-up, code content curation, engagement & growth of the developer community with an open source approach.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Gather, organize and represent the developer community pain-points and requirements to engineering and platform product management.
• Work closely with the engineering, client success & operations team to orchestrate activities related to on-boarding, support and services.
• Investigate and identify new technologies and capabilities that will benefit the platform development community at large.
• Curate ABB Ability Platform Code site with sample code and apps and documentation.
• Design and enrich mechanisms (code snippet catalog, application showcase, collateral, hackathons etc.) to support and inspire developers to build on top of the ABB Ability Platform and advocate code sharing.
• Bachelor's degree and experience working with software engineering teams (in product, design, or engineering) with at least 3 years of relevant experience
• Master's degree in required field.
• Experience in in digitalization of industrial businesses, Internet of Things, cloud computing and deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends.
• Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines preferred.
• A technology enthusiast at heart. Love all things related to engineering and adopting new and exciting technologies.
• Solid understanding of relevant technology and tools including CI/CD, APIs, cloud solutions, and programming languages.
• Familiarity with code sharing platforms, open source projects, committing to them, and growing the project adoption.
• The ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment, be able to manage multiple stakeholders and groups simultaneously.
• Experience and/or familiarity with Microsoft Azure components, pricing and application development.
• Solid presentation skills and fluency in English, both written and spoken.
• You have experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with humility, empathy, judgment, tact, and humor.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
• Availability to travel internationally as required.