Plated is making eating better and healthier a part of everyday living, and we’re passionate about leveraging technology and user-friendly digital and physical experiences to make that a reality.
This person will serve as “Chief Strategy Officer” for the product they own. They are responsible for developing, communicating and defending a customer-centric view of the product experience based on market input and internal company knowledge, for rallying internal teams to the mission, setting priorities, and for the day to day team management work involved in getting the product to market. This person will build delightful digital experience solutions across Plated Culinary, Digital experience, operations infrastructure and help the team iterate to validate solutions quickly. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy of the products, managing the technical and non-technical requirements, implementing the products and enforcing data governance.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial product manager who can pair quantitative insights with qualitative findings. In this role, you’ll be responsible for increasing the acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention of the user base. We expect this Product Manager to work with data scientists, designers, engineers, researchers and marketers on a daily basis to build scalable acquisition channels and a first-class onboarding experience.
What you'll do with us:
- Work in a fast-paced, high-impact team of engineers, designers, marketers, and data analysts to develop and prioritize new strategies, product initiatives, and growth programs.
- Partner with the marketing and customer success teams to bring cohesion to all product-based acquisition efforts, from strategy through design and execution.
- Design and develop experiments, analyze patterns and trends, and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Be the voice of the user at all times and identify, understand, and address underserved user populations and their needs
- Manage roadmap initiatives from project kickoff, to MVP definition, release planning, development, and launch, ensuring the right KPIs are set and met.
- Learn the business inside and out, gathering high level requirements and managing cross-functional impacts to ensure successful outcome for releases from small to large.
- Foster a data-driven approach by establishing methods for measuring value created with each major release to evaluate the effectiveness of roadmap initiatives against goals.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years experience in ecommerce or digital product environment, with 3+ years of product management experience
- Proven ability to lead product strategy, develop product roadmaps, prioritize user stories, and drive product development from conceptualization, design and development, to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proven track record of identifying high value, low cost solutions to problems by balancing business and customer needs with technological capabilities
- Experience leading a highly cross-functional team with ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and work closely with engineers
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience building/bringing to market products for multiple users a plus
- Experience with a physical and/or subscription product a plus
Working at Plated
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, and innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment we’ve built together—and we’re looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits and perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, and dental plans and a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Flatiron, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, and adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, and Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, and food-related activities