What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why we design and implement technologies and services that result in great outcomes.
This role is intended to provide support to the recently formed Optical Component Supply Chain team. This is a newly formed team created to mobilize Ciena’s component business. This role will be accountable for several key elements related to the productization of new photonics components being launched as part of Ciena’s Photonics component strategy. Elements will include product cost roadmap analysis, benchmarking activities, initiating and driving cost reduction initiatives with appropriate stakeholders as well as creating and providing a product health dashboard that will be shared with key member of the R&D and supply chain team. The candidate will work within the supply chain team as well as work closely with the R&D organization.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As an individual contributor, the successful candidate will be a member of the High Speed Photonics Component (HSPC) Supply Chain Team responsible for providing holistic views to several facets of the various in house developed photonics components. Specific facets include both short and long-term product cost evolution (including BOM cost, yield and transformation), establishment of key metrics and dashboard creation which will serve as a regular reporting mechanism to key internal stakeholders including component cost evolution, benchmarking data points, and overall supply chain status as product evolves from NPI to production.
- Establishing a clear view to the cost evolution of Ciena Photonic components including all elements tied to product cost (BOM, transformation, yield, MOQ over a 5 year period
- Understand commercial cost trends for similar technologies
- Initiate and drive cost reduction options to further improve cost trajectories with the support of the design and global commodity management teams
- Run “what if scenarios” factoring various variables that can impact product cost to allow the team to take necessary decisions
- Run business cases where required to determine program viability/investment strategy
- Establish key set of metrics to measure and report on the health of the various products
- Create a dashboard which will capture the updated status of said metrics
- Create a reporting platform where information will be shared with key stakeholders on a regular cadence
- Drive mitigation measures where metrics may deviate from baseline expectations
- Consistently keep a pulse on market trends and overall status of production to ensure metrics are aligned and appropriate measure are being taken to drive the right business direction.
- Analytical capabilities are a must (business cases, cost analysis, dashboards etc)
- Project management experience an advantage
- Ability to foster strong working relationships with various groups (technical and commercial
- both internally and externally)
- Excellent Communication (both oral and written) skills in English
- Willingness to travel when required
- Fluency in MS Office required
- Business degree a must; Business combined with engineering degreepreferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in an analytical role
- Experience in related technology field an advantage