MedMined, Pharmacy Surveillance Product Manager, as product owner is responsible for defining the product expansion and evolution of the comprehensive pharmacy clinical decision support and surveillance solution.
Individuals in this role should have the skillset necessary to conceive of a project (product enhancement, new functionality, defining the informatics and alignment of services/solutions) by gathering feedback from end users, compose a feature backlog that can be consumed by a development team, and work with marketing, education, and implementation to support the commercialization of the product.
The MedMined pharmacy surveillance products are designed and developed for the hospital clinical pharmacist, Antimicrobial Stewardship Team, and pharmacy informatics, as well as supporting the hospital Patient Safety and Quality teams. Individuals in this position must be self-starting, have a strong work ethic, and a sense of ownership/responsibility for the functionality that they develop.
- Directly leads core commercialization efforts according to the business prioritized roadmap, ensuring alignment across all functions and timely application and linkages with the BD Global Product Development Standards.
- Create and manage relationships with end users and market thought leaders to support the capture of voice of customer and the voice of market and then to apply these learnings into product development.
- Manage alignment of software development and User Experience design (UXD). Ensure design guidelines and standards for harmonized user interface/interaction are applied and that designs meet end-user expectations.
- Create Agile User Stories to support sprint planning and reviews, development estimation, and incremental feature delivery in tight collaboration with end users, marketing, engineering and quality.
- Manage the requirements throughout the development life cycle, eliciting, documenting, analyzing and harmonizing functional and non-functional software requirements.
- Facilitate scoping of product requirements and setting of business priorities to align product roadmaps and deliverables.
- Support software quality in test planning by identifying testability requirements and supporting review of test cases and defects, as needed.
- Assist in internal and end-user acceptance testing, education, training and evaluation of feedback to support initial product rollout.
- Oversees the development and deployment of the most critical launch strategies and plans, including market access plans, communication plans, marketing programs and other key influential customer collaborations.
- Establish, track and communicate metrics for successful product launches, end user adoption and quality compliance.
- Applicant should have working experience in a clinical healthcare setting and/or software product management. Preferred strong understanding of clinical pharmacy workflow and pharmacy informatics.
- Experience eliciting user and business needs, translating these into product requirements through a variety of best-practice techniques, including user interviews and surveys, functionality analysis, and rationalization of voice of customer evaluations. .
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and manage product requirements and agile user stories.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Good interpersonal skills, including customer interactions.
- Demonstration of good documentation practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision.
- Clinically educated, BA/BS required. Masters preferred
- Experience in medical device software, pharmacy informatics, and product management principles preferred
- Clinical analytics experience, familiarity with SQL and a working knowledge of HL7 Interfacing Standards preferred or equivalent
- Experience working in Lean/Agile Development Teams preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation server or similar Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools preferred.
- Acute health care experience (Physician, Nursing, Pharmacy, Lab, and Respiratory) or equivalent
Job ID R-25631