Product Manager, Pharmacy Renewal Inventory Systems
Less than 5 years experience • Retail / Health & Pharmacy
- Responsible for the strategic development and management of new and existing pharmacy supply chain initiatives that will drive customer and team member experience, revenue growth and profitability for the pharmacy business.
- Identifies industry best practices in pharmacy inventory management and builds partner relationships.
- Translates the divisional goals and customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap for key product area.
- Develops and maintains the product and feature roadmap for assigned area. Manages prioritization among user experience, technology and central marketing organizations.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues for assigned product area that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Works closely with the engineering technology team and user interface designers to define detailed key product requirements.
- Coaches, mentors and develops a team. May be responsible for managing other members of the Product Team.
- Grows adoption and usage of the Walgreens pharmacy business. Identifies and quantifies the customer segments with strong growth potential, creating Develops the business case and strategy for targeting. Implements growth strategy by coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver any necessary changes.
- Measures and analyzes impact of existing functionality. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer. Builds strong internal relationships with technology and development teams to drive implementation.
- Measures and analyzes the impact of existing products and services. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve. Builds strong internal relationships with the user experience, technology and support organizations to drive implementation of new solutions.
- Conducts business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Identifies industry best practices in pharmacy and builds partner relationships. Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in consumer-facing or internal client-facing solution development, OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in solution development.
- At least 3 years of experience in product management, business development, or management consulting.
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with cross functional team to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- MBA, Master’s Degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience with AGILE software development methodology.
- At least 2 years of experience working on projects supporting inventory management or supply chain initiatives (healthcare or retail pharmacy industry preferred).
- Experience developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Job ID 15351BR