Product Manager - Personal Lines
Our Client is an A Rated P&C Insurance Company and has Retained The Carlisle Group to conduct a Search for a Personal Lines Product Manager.
Develop and maintain a vision for the product portfolio – including product design, strategy, pricing and underwriting – and coordinating alignment with the group strategy; interface with appropriate IT resources to develop and implement strategies that deliver an outstanding user experience; collaborate with all key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure business, quality and functional goals are met.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum of six years' experience in the industry with a focus on insurance underwriting.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable state insurance regulations and laws.
- Proven ability to understand business and IT issues and communicate priorities.
- Experience in or ability to learn Agile and Scrum principles preferred.
- Proficiency in coordinating interdepartmental and cross-functional projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to build relationships and interact professionally with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Commitment to company values and customer service.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and maintenance of the portfolio, with responsibility for both the technical and business side of each release.
- Research and develop new strategies to meet the market opportunities to complement the company product portfolio.
- Serve as the organizational champion for products; collaborate with actuarial, underwriting and marketing to set rates annually and manage to consistent underwriting profits.
- Collaborate with underwriting to develop and review underwriting guidelines, maintaining a differentiation with those of the company.
- Ensure products are in compliance with state regulations and laws.
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog for product development.
- Collaborate with Director of Product Development to understand business vision; ensure that the development team understands the vision for the product and is developing appropriate features for our partners.
- Lead information gathering sessions and focus groups with departments, stakeholders and end users and work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle.
- Assist with agency seminars, training and visits as needed.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Act as the stakeholder proxy for the development team and the point person for all LOB reports.
- Assist in product research and business analysis as needed.