As Product Manager, you are the CEO of your product and will drive profitability and guide your team to develop new solutions and increase customer satisfaction with existing solutions. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers to understand market problems and personas, and find innovative solutions and opportunities in the Academic Credentials space.
This Product Manager will manage our multi-million education marketing line growing it at 100%+ year over year. You’d work towards servicing the needs of students transitioning from high school to college, and helping match them to colleges that best meet their unique needs. Responsibilities would include creating SEO and SEM strategies to drive traffic to Parchment’s website and ensuring that students and colleges can get the most out of our college admission tools.
You are the ultimate team player and must be able to communicate effectively with Engineering, Member Services, Business Development, Support, Operations and Sales & Marketing leaders throughout the organization. You will work with engineering counterparts to define product release requirements and end-to-end use cases. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product features, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external expert and evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Defining product strategy and vision, delivering high impact products in a fast paced environment.
- Specifying market and functional requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going discussions with internal and external customers.
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities for your product.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, Product Marketing and Support) by translating the solution vision into clearly articulated end-to-end use cases and user stories? and reviewing and approving product designs and deliverables.
- Leading Agile teams throughout the development process as a product owner.
- Working with customers and other Parchment resources to prioritize requirements to successfully meet the goals of the business.
- Working with product marketing to develop a company-wide go-to-market plan.
- 5+ years of software product management experience in an agile environment.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with agile software development tools and SaaS technologies and solutions.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- The ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- The ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning skills.
- Polished communication skills including the ability to deliver persuasive presentations to senior executives, partners and customer stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience and passion for mobile and consumer technology.
- MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Location: Prefer Scottsdale, AZ, but open.