Parasoft is the leading provider of solutions for development and testing of IoT, embedded/safety critical and enterprise applications. We are a dynamic company with a strong vision, great people and cutting edge technology. Parasoft fills a critical and rapidly expanding role in a world where organizations demand agility and quality in the software they release to customers.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who can drive the development and management of the company’s products, product services, and to create and drive a compelling product roadmap keeping a holistic view of the market and competition. This includes implementation of go-to-market plans for all new product releases coordinating across all functional areas to drive the strategic vision into a reality.
This role requires a strong hands-on attitude and collaborate successfully with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to define product requirements and specifications to ensure successful launch to market. The Product Manager will also be working with the rest of the Development team to successfully grow our broad portfolio profitability with new products and to maximize opportunities for revenue. This position reports to the VP of Product Management and is based in Monrovia, California.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated; balancing a team-oriented, collaborative approach with the right measure of assertiveness. They will possess a high tolerance for quickly shifting priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment. As well as have the mindset of a business and product owner and won’t settle for the status quo.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies unmet market needs and opportunities for strategic new products and services that will increase gross margins, unit placements, and revenue.
- Acts as voice of the customer understanding customer needs, researching customer uses and requirements for Parasoft's product portfolio.
- Works closely with a newly formed small agile strategic team as well as managing a new product that is comprised of a team of 15-20developers. Help plan and develop new products, product upgrades, and accessories for Parasoft's product.
- Works closely with customers to test products, gather feedback, report back, and works with Engineering to refine the product accordingly and deliver on Parasoft's experience that exceeds customer expectations
- Specify market requirements for future releases by conducting market research via ongoing customer and prospect interviews.
- Maintains market knowledge and awareness of trends, requirements, competitors and market growth, buying trends/criteria and use/applications.
- Communicates regularly to all departments and participates in department, company and management team meetings as required.
- Work closely with the software development teams to establish development timelines, prioritize daily progression of technical development analysis and QA
- Maintains files, presentations, schedules, and documentation for all responsibilities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent education and work experience) in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in Product Management
- Has worked with development teams so understands customer base
- Strong understanding and experience with Java, C/C++
- Knowledge of software systems, software testing and software development a plus
- Strong organizational and project management skills required.
- Training classes for Product managers or certifications is a plus
- Good people skills and team player attitude a must