Primary ResponsibilitiesThe Product Manager will be responsible for guiding products from conception product vision hand-off to launch in the marketplace and, with our business partners, generating profitable revenue streams. This role will bridge technical and business worlds, collaborating with creative and prolific engineers to design and deliver technology-based solutions, and then lead matrix teams such as but not limited to Sales, Marketing and Operations through successful launch and adoption in the customer base. The Product Manager must be able to break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at top speed. Responsibilities include the development of buyer and user personas, , training and product performance metrics.
This position requires a confident individual that can work closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional team that includes executive management, marketing, sales, operations, strategy and engineering.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Manage the entire product life cycle from construction and delivery activities to support and beyond (product development, operational readiness, product launch, ongoing product performance monitoring).
• Proactively manage stakeholders' interests (customers, internal functions such as production support, sales, finance, marketing) taking into account and prioritizing the various interests early on and involving stakeholders regularly to ensure that delivered solutions meet customer and organizational needs.
• Develop problem statements, use case scenarios, market requirements, MVP requirements, etc. to define a product roadmap that delivers against a unique and differentiated market position.
• Collaborate with Marketing to define product-level and feature-level message maps to be used by sales, account management and marketing to inform outbound communications programs.
• Define product launch plans and success metrics in coordination with product stakeholders.
• Define rollout strategies such as on-boarding, user education / tips, features, in-product help / tutorial requirements, feature tours, etc.
• Develop dashboards and metrics to measure product/feature success.
• Participate in release planning of product features and enhancements, driving the prioritization of features for the product by defining and maintaining the product backlog.
• Collaborate with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements and help determine the best technical implementation methods.
• Monitor the creation and implementation of solutions, following Agile development framework, by closely collaborating with the delivery team on an ongoing basis (actively managing the product backlog, answering questions when they arise, providing feedback and signing off on the results).
• Maintain understanding of current technologies and solution delivery practices.
• Personally espouse and demonstrate the values of Outsell in everyday interactions both inside and outside of the company.
• Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
• 5+ years of business experience, with 3+ years of product management and/or marketing experience with marketing automation or campaign management products. Automotive industry experience is a plus.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
• Proven success in a fast-paced, matrixed work environment. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing and highly competitive industry.
• Direct experience launching new products or services for SaaS or marketing software products.
• Strong analytical skills and passion for interpreting and translating quantitative and qualitative data into consumer insights.
• Ability to understand and interpret a complex competitive landscape and effectively prioritize the products and features that will deliver the greatest impact to company objectives.
• Product management or design experience with a focus on software products and technologies.
• Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
• Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
• Ability to work independently and build effective interpersonal relationships inside and outside of the organization.
• Strong leadership and management skills which build a cohesive, innovative and productive team.
• Effectively communicates both written and verbally internally to team members and externally with clients and suppliers.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good sense of humor.