Product Manager - Originations
Summary of This Role
Drives the product vision for the assigned portfolio. Helps to shape the product roadmap based on client and user feedback, usage metrics and competitive research. Works closely with internal departments (Product Development, Services and Sales) and external stakeholders (customers and partners) to strategically improve the product portfolio. Manages the Product Life Cycle process for portfolio product offerings. Actively supports sales with expertise, consulting, tools, and collateral. Accountable for product P&L including revenue and profit growth for existing and new products in the geographic or vertical markets assigned. Acts as the products’ champion within the company for portfolio product offerings.
What Part Will You Play?
- Serves as primary interface / liaison between business stakeholders, development, marketing & support teams for moderate to complex product offerings.
- For assigned product(s), manages and communicates product roadmap. Product portfolio may include products with revenue scopes and margins that are impactful to the organization.
- Collaborates with company business leaders, sales, IT, legal and strategic marketing and relationship management teams to define product goals, objectives, market positioning, and pricing strategies for the product portfolio. Acts independently in determining methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy.
- Performs competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps. Distills data from the process, develops and ensures maintenance of strategic planning approach for summarizing and communicating the results of aggregate research that will lead to the development of the strategic product roadmap.
- Represents the customer; be the champion and voice of customers. Builds impactful, personal customer relationships. Brings the customer's voice into the product life cycle process. Leads and influences product teams to invest and iterate on the right product features.
- For assigned product(s), works closely with Product Marketing Managers to promote portfolio products both internally and externally and ensure a cohesive message.
- For assigned product(s), builds product awareness via live / virtual workshops, trainings, webinars etc. Acts as sales overlay, crafting product proposals to client needs. Delivers product demos as required.
- For assigned product(s), partners with pricing team to validate product market opportunities, drive business case development, and recommend options for operating models based on an understanding of use cases, the competitive landscape, and technology trends.
- Evangelizes new products / product features to our clients, working to accelerate their adoption.
- Provides inputs for the commercialization vision for product launches
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- Demonstrated track record in product development/management, preferably with cloud based SaaS products and/or with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, or Scrum. Solid business understanding of applicable global regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science or equivalent field from an accredited university.