Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
AFC Cable Systems, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Product Manager in our New Bedford, MA office. New Bedford is located approximately an hour south of Boston.
Reporting to the VP/GM the Product Manager’s primary focus will be development and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, developing and maintaining roadmaps, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirement, defining the product vision, developing and implementing channel strategies and working closely with engineering to deliver an end-user driven innovative product portfolio. The Product Manager is expected to become the Liquid-Tight and Flexible Conduit “market expert” within the business. He/she is responsible for understanding the customer’s current and future requirements and the competitive environment while representing the company in front of customers as they category’s subject matter expert. The selected candidate will also work with sales, marketing, engineering, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met or exceeded. This role is critical to optimize flex and liquid tight product sales and margin expansion through innovations.
Additional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Own the product category and define the product strategy; be the center of the hub and spoke model for the category engaging cross-functionally to drive breakthrough results
• Manage product life cycle and development and maintain product roadmaps
• Work closely with innovation team (product engineering group) to drive product innovation and improve product margins through proactive VOCs and NPD processes
• Develops and implements a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
• Collaborate with Sales to develop channel partners and programs
• Collaborate with codes and application team to remove regional or local roadblock (code-conversions)
• Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
• Analyzes product position in market relative to price, profitability, and market share and develop the core positioning and messaging for the product
• Demand creation for existing, proprietary and new products through ongoing joint sales, engineering and specification calls
• Be an expert with respect to the competition and product category; ongoing profiling and reporting of competitive strength and weakness
• Set pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals
• Maintain and share relevant market intelligence
• Education, training and development of our front line sales team (inside and outside), national network of sales agents, and select distributors, contractors and OEM’s
• Provide thought leadership to innovation team and product group
• Develop and execute action plans to achieve breakthrough results. Maintain and report out on action plans, KPI’s and countermeasures
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• 5+ years of experience in a job in the NA Cable & wire market/electrical industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
• Excellent teamwork skills, self-driven and accountable.
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point, Outlook, CRM systems
• Technical background and aptitude, with experience in flex and liquid tight is a plus
• Experience with extrusion is a plus
• All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability