Product Portfolio Planner/Mgr: Evaluates business opportunities to define and optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technology, customer business issues and the competitive environment. Applies broad knowledge of company product capabilities and service offerings with in-depth analysis of market position to create and expand the portfolio of products and solution alternatives. Works closely with product development to create products and validates early product definitions with customers. Uses technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities. Responsible for developing project plans designed to address customer needs and/or expand market share.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work both independently and lead cross functional teams.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas.- Marketing experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of NetApp's products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.Responsibility and Interaction:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions. Interaction:
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert.- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through leadership and influencing multiple individuals and groups.
- Often acts as mentor or facilitator.
Typically requires a minimum of 12years of related experience with a Bachelor?s degree; or 8years and a Master?s degree; or a PhD with 5years experience; or equivalent experience.