Product Portfolio Mgmt: Drives the development of product definition and solution plans to optimize the company?s products and services portfolio. Applies broad knowledge of company?s product/service capabilities and competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product/service opportunities. Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand marketshare. Evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case for optimization of existing products/solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products. Collaborates with research and development to create products and validate early product definitions. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas. - Marketing experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Excellent understanding of NetApp's products and services technologies/concepts in a distributed environment.Management and Interaction:Management:
- This position is responsible for managing many tasks for multiple large groups, a department or departments, or a function within a country or global geographic area.
- The focus of this role is on creating and influencing strategy and policy.
- The potential impact of decisions made by this individual has significant operational or financial impact.- This individual will apply in-depth knowledge to solve broad issues that are complex in scope, and establish medium to long- range plans.Interaction:
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees and employees within and outside of their function and organization.
- Utilizes people skills and available people manager tools to critically impact the growth of an individual within the company and career.
- This individual must demonstrate favorable results through providing leadership to the function.
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 10+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities