The Product Manager is responsible for planning, through definition & delivery, of our SaaS offerings in Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). Specifically, this PM will work in our content management and distribution product area focusing on policy management, disclosure management and training offerings. This is a high profile role given the importance of this product area in our overall road map.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; big-picture vision, with a bias for action to drive and make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in-market to fully understand customer needs, their pain-points, and finding innovative solutions for broad market adoption. You will be our Market Expert, Chief Evangelist and Thought-Leader for your product area.
You will drive product innovation, revenue & margin growth as you guide our development teams and other stakeholders to delight our customers. Your responsibilities range from increasing the profitability of existing products to planning and developing new products and cross-product integrations. You will create products from existing ideas, and help develop new ideas based on your frequent contact with customers & prospects, and analysis of how best to serve their needs.
This is a highly cross-functional role, working closely with with your Engineering partners, Marketing & Sales partners, and your Customer Success partners to align all areas of the company to successfully lead tactical & strategic initiatives.
We practice Scaled Agile software development, so this position is a hybrid Product Manager / Product Owner (PM/PO) role. As PO, you will manage the backlog for 1-2 development teams.
We Offer You:
- An organization that is secure, growing and thriving with a reputation that we are proud to say is absolutely second to none
- A workplace experience that is based on our determination to retain you each day and enables you to learn, grow and develop your career, and people dedicated to your success at every level
- Competitive pay with benefits that matter, including the time and flexibility to balance the multiple roles you play in life
What You Will Do:
- Develop, maintain and communicate the roadmap for your products in alignment with our Strategic and Financial goals
- Gather & analyze quantitative market evidence from customers & prospects, competitors, analysts, and other sources to describe the market opportunity we are pursuing. Partner with Finance and Sales to develop business cases which drive investment
- Be proactive and have a bias for making data-based decisions, be the focal point for the company for the product, to gain the trust of all the stakeholders
- Facilitate continuous dialog & discovery with customers via interviews, win/loss calls, and competitive analysis
- Generate prioritized requirements from all functional stakeholders to address these multidimensional needs across the product lifecycle. In particular, keep in mind the individual product requirements, in this case Discolosure Management, and its place in our overall NAVEX One platform
- Own the corresponding Agile artifacts & ceremonies for up to two sprint teams: User & Buyer Personas, Product & Sprint Backlogs. Facilitate sprint & release planning activities, contribute to daily Standups, Showcases and Retrospectives
- Partner with Marketing to leverage your market insights into sales-enabling tools and other customer-facing artifacts and programs
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree from accredited university or college, preferably with a marketing, general business or technical emphasis; MBA is a plus
- 3+ years direct experience in product management for an enterprise software or platform SaaS product
- Direct experience in an Agile software development in a continuous delivery environment.
- Direct experience leading geographically remote teams
- Certification in, or strong working knowledge of, the Pragmatic Institute® framework is a strong plus
- Exceptional interpersonal & communications skills, with a track record of fostering relationships and aligning teams across multiple departments
- High tolerance of ambiguity, an openness to change, and a willingness to take informed risks