At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
VaaS, a “video analysis as a service” company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company’s image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations.
With over 11 Billion rows of license plate and geospatial data, Digital Recognition Network is a fast-growing License Plate Recognition Data company that is looking for a Product Manager to help drive the backlog for our On-Car and Fixed LPR Systems and associated Commercial Market products. This role will be responsible for balancing the needs of customers as well as internal sales, marketing, engineering, and customer service to guide the building of products that are aligned to customer needs. Candidates must be able to work closely with engineers, customers, customer service, and other groups to help gather requirements, develop solutions, and complete the customer feedback loop. This position is based in the Fort Worth office, but will allow for remote work anywhere in the US.
- Lead, collaborate with, and motivate cross-functional teams of user experience business analysts, developers, testers and others to develop, execute, and release services in alignment with major program/portfolio and/or product roadmaps.
- Identify, engage, influence, and lead business stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts across programs.
- Work with business and enterprise stakeholders to develop and validate business strategy and lead shaping the vision and customer needs.
- Partner with engineering, sales, program management, and technical services groups to facilitate, define and document relevant customer and businesses processes, gaining an understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls for the improvement area.
- Develop a deep understanding of the product/business vision and independently run with initiatives based on that understanding.
- Serve as the voice of the customer within the organization, representing/reinforcing the customers' perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity, analyze and present hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts.
- Works with the business process owners to develop product, project, and program level metrics to manage and track success, product adoption, and risks to operations.
- Assist with portfolio, program and project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources.
- Tests and evaluates feature implementations before launch, coordinates internal and external communication with regards to features, schedules, installations, announcements, and releases.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and analytic skills
- Resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a sense of urgency
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- 5+ years’ work experience with Agile Product Management
- 5+ years’ work experience with Video Analytics
- 5+ years’ work experience with Auto Finance
- 5+ years’ work experience with Collections
- 5+ years’ work experience with Insurance SIU
- 5+ years’ work experience with Insurance Underwriting
- Advanced computer software skills, including JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Strong, analytical background with experience in one of the following fields- finance, strategy, product marketing, operations, or product management
- 3+ years’ of related work experience
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.