We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-starter to help define, document, and manage the delivery, deployment and marketing of Morningstar’s Commodities and Energy Solutions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software, improving the user experience, developing marketing campaigns and working with developers. The successful candidate will be a key member of the product management group and interact with clients, developers, designers, and QA to implement systems for clients and drive products and new features to market. This position is located in our Chicago office.
- Lead the developers through the Scrum Process
- Create and maintain monthly usage reporting for sales and product teams
- Closely collaborate with developers and system administrators to schedule and plan deployments
- Execute business testing of new functionality
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of client engagement
- Own the product roadmap and develop short, medium and long-term goals
- Demonstrate product capabilities to clients, including functionality and methodology.
- Serve as an expert for Sales and Client Service and play an active role during the presales process
- Articulate and evangelize the strength, quality and value of product versus our competitor’s offerings.
- At least 4 years of project management, product management and/or client-facing experience
- At least 2 years of commodity and or futures trading markets
- Knowledge and experience in working with the Agile development framework, including writing user stories
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and investment terminology
- The ability to visualize and improve the user interface and product navigation
- While this is not a technical role, experience with software product development is required
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work within a rapidly evolving solutions-oriented development group
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view: internally, externally, and cross-functionally