Work in close coordination with 050 Global Product Manager to define and execute the product development and strategy of the 050 product lines, including Mini50 and ConnTAK50. Focus on the US and Europe markets. Responsible for product development, portfolio, roadmap and P&L, driving improvement plans externally to gain market share and internally to improve profitability.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & TECHNOLOGY:
- In close coordination with 050 Global Product Manager (located in Japan)
- Lead the new and sustaining development of 050 product lines
- Develop both a short-term strategy to capture current market/revenue growth opportunities as well as a 5-10-year strategic vision for the product line
- Manage the product lifecycle and portfolio management activities
- Own the product roadmap and development opportunities and provide prioritized guidance to the engineering organization
- Define and execute pricing strategy and manufacturing footprint for product portfolio, including compilation of competitive price points to manage upcoming price erosion in market.
- Responsible for product line transactional activities through daily collaboration with sales, engineering, and the manufacturing facilities.
- Develop sound point of views on technology, product, customer, competitors and market trends and action them into strategies for product line and profit growth and potential M&A
- SALES & MARKETING
- Lead customer segmentation and value chaining activities to identify key decision makers and design opportunities
- Interfaces with customers in the development of specifications and technical refinements, which can be used to direct the development of derivatives, improvements, or new products
- Develop a process/plan to track and monitor OEM, Tier program launches, build timing and sample builds to support each.
- Create and deliver technical product trainings and technical brochures, to support the global sales force and customers.
- Develop growth and penetration strategies for under penetrated markets
- Drive process improvements, efficiencies, and best practice knowledge sharing across a matrix organization
- Work interactively with Molex management, engineering, manufacturing and sales to foster a highly responsive team environment dedicated to providing customer specific solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Interacting directly with multiple manufacturing plants to lead cost reduction efforts, capacity planning, and quality improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business required. MBA is a plus
- Minimum five years of experienceworking with a manufacturing or engineering organization required, preference in the automotive industry
- Product management / development or new business development background a plus
- Strong understanding of connector development in the transportation industry a plus
- Global work experience a plus