Define and execute the strategy and product development for new and existing connector systems for the automotive industry. Responsible for product development, portfolio, roadmap and P&L, driving improvement plans externally to gain market share and internally to improve profitability.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES & TECHNOLOGY:
- Develop sound point of views on technologies, products, customers, competitors and market trends into actionable product line strategies, either organic or through M&A to create profitable growth.
- Develop both a short-term strategy to capture current market/revenue growth opportunities as well as a 5-10-year strategic vision for their product line.
- Own the product roadmap and development opportunities, providing prioritized guidance to the development organization.
- Define and execute pricing strategy and manufacturing footprint for product portfolio, including compilation of competitive price points to manage upcoming price erosion in market.
- Responsible for product line transactional activities through daily collaboration with sales, engineering, and the manufacturing facilities.
- Manage the product lifecycle and portfolio management activities
SALES & MARKETING
- Lead customer segmentation and value chaining activities to identify key decision makers and design opportunities.
- Engagement with customers in the development of specifications and technical requirements, which can be used to direct the development of new products, product variants or improvements.
- Develop a process/plan to track and monitor OEM, Tier program launches, build timing and sample builds to support each.
- Create and deliver technical product trainings and technical brochures, to support the global sales force and customers.
- Develop growth and penetration strategies for under penetrated customers and markets
- Work interactively with Molex management, engineering, manufacturing and sales to foster a highly responsive team environment dedicated to providing customer specific solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Drive process improvements, efficiencies, and best practice knowledge sharing across a matrix organization.
- Interacting directly with multiple manufacturing plants to lead cost reduction efforts, capacity planning, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Business required. MBA is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in Product management or new business development.
- 5+ years of experienceworking with a manufacturing or engineering organization required, preference in the automotive industry.
- Strong understanding of connector development in the transportation industry a plus.
- Global work experience a plus.