The Dick’s Sporting Goods Mobile App is a critical element of our brand’s presence in the omni-channel shopping journey. Dick’s Mobile App provides our athletes with ways to get rewarded for walking & running in addition to a digital Scorecard and shopping. Our App customers rely on MOVE functionality to earn rewards to shop at Dick’s. It will be your job as Product Manager to set the vision and ensure the app meets the established goals and increases brand loyalty and customer lifetime value through great digital experiences.
We are looking for a an innovative, established, and curious retail app Product Manager to join the Mobile App Product Team. You will be accountable to establish and execute an outcome based roadmap that places the customer experience and business value as the main focus. You will become part of a balanced product team comprised of a you, product designer, and engineers working in an iterative and collaborative fashion releasing valuable features when ready.
Strategy & Planning
* Product Strategy & Roadmap – You own the vision, strategy and roadmap for your Product. Must be able to distill the ‘fire hose’ of insights, data, and requests into an actionable roadmap inclusive of customer and business partners needs to build both incremental and innovative experiences for your customers. Ensures that value is delivered early, often, and in-sync with customer goals.
* Customer Value & Business Outcomes – Ensures a business outcome is achieved and customers receive a product that provides value, whether it’s an MVP or mature product with a new feature. Goes above and beyond defining and delivering. Requires a solid understanding of the inter-relations of our business – financial, marketing, sales, legal, partnerships, customer service, stores, technical capabilities, user experience.
* Know Your Business – Accountable for results. Whether that is maximizing metrics, managing expectations, addressing customer feedback, or prioritizing the backlog. Knowing your numbers, competitors, who is doing what, the next big thing, suggesting innovative ideas to POC and constantly striving to increase revenue and conversion are primary responsibilities for your role. You will provide regular reporting to executive management along with strategies to constantly improve the numbers, hit revenue goals, and maximize return on investment.
* Product Decisions – you will be called upon to make tough decisions, whether it is a go/no-go decision, balancing risks versus reward, pros/cons, dependencies, cost/benefit analysis, or ROI of resource investment. You must stand behind your decision with facts and data. Must be able to recognize when to change course and reverse a decision, subscribing to the philosophy of learning fast, and moving on.
Delivery & Execution
* Features – creates accurate user stories and prioritizes the backlog; working with the team to groom, refine, and ultimately deliver the feature.
* Ceremonies – Participates in standups, planning sessions, demos, and retrospectives. Fosters team collaboration, co-creation, and open communication.
* Testing and Research – Formulates hypothesis to A/B test, prototype, or research, continually refining the product until desired outcome is achieved. Ensures successful tests are translated into new site features.
* Vendors – Accountable for the day to day interaction and management of any vendor partners for your product, regularly holding business reviews, monitoring SLAs, managing RFPs, participating in contract negotiations and managing budgets for those services.
* Change Influencer – Acts as an agent of change within your team, organization, and leading to embrace new methodologies, processes, efficiencies and challenging the status quo. Constantly pushing and asking why even if it’s to Senior Executives. You must be a strong communicator and partner, capable of influencing a team of designers, developers, stakeholders, and executives to achieve value early and often.
* Alignment – You must evangelize your roadmap and gain alignment with all team members stakeholders, and partners; distilling complex technical concepts into plain language for stakeholders, and advocate for the customer. Ensuring alignment across your group and the Product organization.
* Partnering – Partners with business and technology stakeholders to define and ensure successful delivery of our consumer and associate facing Commerce experiences. Manages stakeholder expectations and provides education to requestors on prioritization, ROI, and roadmap.
* Bachelor or Masters Degree in computer / information science, marketing, engineering, product, business, finance, or human computer interaction.
* Prefer prior experience with lean product management, lean experiments, and working a balanced product team.
* 3 – 5 years of managing retail apps, ecommerce, digital strategy, or similar product experience with retail, mobile or enterprise commerce platforms.
* Proven track record of delivering world-class product and experiences.
* Capable of quickly establishing and fostering partnerships with executives and other stakeholders in a highly cross-functional, matrix organization.
* Experience with Agile methodologies (epics, features, stories,), modern software development practices and tools (Jira, Confluence, Pivotal tracker).
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities, stakeholder demands, and shifting priorities through effective planning, prioritization, and coordination across teams and vendors.