Product Manager, mmW Broadband
Skyriver has a new position for an energetic and hands-on Product Manager to champion the company's innovative millimeter wave (mmWave) broadband service. The ideal candidate is a high energy tech enthusiast with experience managing a B2B product in technology, business services or IT related industries. This tech savvy person is a people person who can build excitement and enthusiasm among our sales, engineering and operations teams.
The position reports to the Vice President of Marketing in the San Diego office.
- Assess market competition through product comparisons.
- Recommend product enhancements driven by marketing insights gleaned from tech trends, customer knowledge, research and tech trends (such as cloud services, Big Data, IoE, 5G).
- Manage the product roadmap, setting clear deliverables and timeframes.
- Collaborate with engineering, sales and operations to provide product intelligence, competitive data and target audience insights to build awareness, demand and customer loyalty.
- Enhance website awareness and traffic for service by identifying new content needs and working with Skyriver teams to develop meaningful content and track performance metrics.
- Develop, manage and track content syndication efforts to expand reach into mediums and communities where IT Decision Makers participate.
- Develop marketing tools such as white papers, case studies, email blasts and referral programs to augment lead generation and sales efforts.
- Accepts ownership for the accomplishments of structured marketing programs in addition to new and different requests that add value to company communications objectives.
- 5 or more years in product management, marketing or marketing communications roles
- Experience with B2B marketing, technology and business services preferred
- Customer-centric focus with the ability to communicate, strategize, and prioritize while seeing through the eyes of the customer
- Self-motivated and eager to learn attitude
- Adept at working in a fast paced, hands-on environment
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills, verbal and written
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and use of Salesforce and Google Analytics a plus
Bachelors Degree from a 4 year accredited university, preferably in business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Individuals may need to sit or stand intermittently as needed for up to 8 hours per day.
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periods of up to 5 hours a day.
- Reaching and lifting above shoulder height and below the waist level.
- Lifting as required to file documents, store materials, and move equipment throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
This position is classified as exempt from state and federal overtime pay provisions, because the duties and responsibilities meet the requirements for exemption under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The position will be required to work varying hours, weekends and holidays as the day-to-day job duties may require.
Skyriver is a leading-edge wireless broadband provider transforming broadband via technological ingenuity and inspiring customer insight. The company's innovative approach to broadband service stems from its mission to advance connectivity for data-driven businesses. Leveraging its expertise in wireless communications, Skyriver is meeting the rapidly accelerating demand for enterprise bandwidth through its pioneering developments in millimeter wave (mmW) broadband.
Headquartered in San Diego, Skyriver serves a multitude of businesses including technology, manufacturing, education, government, bioscience, entertainment, retail, hospitality, media, and fortune 500 companies.
Skyriver offers competitive compensation and employee benefit packages.