Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
This is a business facing non-technical Product Manager role.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of the product lifecycle from concept to launch. In particular, you will be driving the launch of a new analytics-based product that extends across multiple business units in the Casualty Solutions Group and Auto Physical Damage Group. Using a design centered approach to define requirements you will be responsible for creating a vision for our customer-focused user experiences, inspiring others to support your vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their robust and innovative capabilities.
Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with engineering and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products. Translate market realties into product offerings and drive results.
- Provide overall product management by defining requirements, conveying release and project visions/goals, and approving developed functionality
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify product opportunities and unmet user needs
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers and account managers, prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap, and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build and enhance great solutions
- Prepare and present business cases and product roadmap to justify proposed solutions and business investments
- Monitor execution of product features and milestones by collaborating with other cross-functional teams in agile environment
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value
- Stay up to date on the technology and trends and have curiosity to solve problems
- Present findings and plans to senior and executive level sponsors and customers
- Ability to be highly self-directed in identifying and prioritizing deliverables in order to meet commitments while being collaborative with other business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years of previous Product Management Experience
- Must have demonstrated excellent business judgment and strategic aptitude
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on the big picture while willing to get into the details
- Must be a quick learner with superior verbal and written communication and presentations skills
- Experience conducting market research and identifying business development opportunities
- Ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal and external customers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Position may require up to 10% travel
Preferred Candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
- Agile software development methodologies
- Background or experience in Insurance industry
- Previous exposure to data solutions or analytics
- Familiarity with innovation/design thinking approaches to product management
- Experience in launching SAAS or PAAS products