Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell’s worker’s compensation national managed care program offers solutions for insurance carriers, third-party administrators and employers. We recommend an integrated suite of solutions that include utilization review and case management with a focus on managing total claims costs while expediting safe return to work.
APD - PM
We are looking for a Product Manager who desires to excel in a fast-paced, cross-functional, team-based environment.
As a Product Manager at Mitchell you will own a product line. You will lead all aspects of the software’s life cycle from development of new features and enhancements to go-to market and launch plans. You will be responsible for creating a product roadmap and vision, inspiring others to support your vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their robust customer-focused user experiences and innovative capabilities. You will additionally work in-person with marketing teams, sales personnel, and Mitchell customers to identify new software solutions. You will work with sales and service teams to communicate and train on new features and business processes. Finally, you will work with other product managers on portfolio strategy including aspects of financial analysis and forecasting for your specific product.
- Conduct competitive analysis using internal, customer, and market data identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Provide overall product management by defining requirements, conveying release and project visions/goals, and approving developed functionality.
- Develop a cross organizational vision, roadmap, and appropriate tracking mechanisms for each new initiative (financial planning, analysis and forecasting).
- Create technical roadmaps and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build solutions that customers and users will love.
- Author user stories, acceptance criteria, use cases, activity diagrams, user interface wireframes, class diagrams, business rules, and rule flow diagrams.
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value.
- Participate in an Agile development environment as a member of a Scrum/Project team.
- Prepare and present business cases to justify proposed solutions and business investments.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and market trends, co-author white papers, marketing materials, and industry articles that will enhance Mitchell's thought leadership.
APD - PM
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Economics, Engineering, or related field is preferred. MBA is desirable. GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 2+ years of work experience.
- A background of product management preferably in the software industry.
- Candidate is expected to be highly self-directed in identifying and prioritizing personal deliverables in order to meet internal and external commitments.
- Expertise in owning business case, research, needs validation, sizing, requirements, positioning, and pricing strategies for a product.
- Must have demonstrated excellent business judgment and strategic aptitude.
- Experience conducting market research and identifying business development opportunities required.
- The ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal and external customers from a variety of background and experiences.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on details.
- Ability to lead, negotiate, persuade, and compromise.
- Superior written communication and presentation skills required.
- Experience working with sales and service in a software organization.
- Experience in Agile software development environment preferred.
- Technical software/programming experience is a plus.
Job ID 17-7659