Our client is in need of a Product Manager. This position will provide product and marketing support to sales representatives, contractors, and customers. This Product Manager must live commutable to Milwaukee, WI. Travel will be 50 to 60%.
- Plan, direct, control, and coordinate the sales of the organization's products and services to hospitals, universities, power generation customers and industry.
- Ensure products are sold in accordance with budgeted objectives to obtain maximum profitability and sales volume in relation to pre-set marketing and sales standards.
- Continually evaluate the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and sales plans to meet changing conditions.
- In conjunction with the leadership team; develop, lead and deploy the sales & market strategy for products.
- Be responsible for meeting the sales growth and profitability targets.
- Effectively manage distributionchannel / rep network to deliver results.
- Visit customers to understand their needs and present the features and benefits of the products. Aid in the selection of equipment.
- Assess, develop, and report market conditions, competitor intelligence, and economic projections.
- Identify the players—customers, representatives, potential partners, influencers to drive market growth.
- Sales Engineer will be calling on upstream, midstream and downstream operators, refining, petrochemical, gas processing end-users and Contractors that support these same customers to generate inquiries and close orders. Focus will be primarily on capital equipment sales.
- Develop early stages of the market and formulate recommendations and plans for expansion.
- Uses market research to create deep intimacy with specialized market needs.
- Work closely with R & D and Marketing to create new products and programs to meet specific market needs.
- Maintain business relationships with customers (Consultants, OEMs, End Users).
- Confers with immediate superior and other sales/marketing executives across all business units in the development of marketing policy, recommending product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes.
- Promote the products and services at trade shows, etc.
- A Bachelors degree in a Technical degree is preferred, but a Business degree would possibly work.
- 5+ years of sales and marketing development in an industrial equipment environment.
- Prior sales experience with burners, boilers, steam and/or industrial combustion is preferred.
- An excellent sales track record with building a sales team in order to sell a solution to the customers needs..
- Travel will be 50 to 60% to visit companies and trade shows.