These technologies will usher in the 4th industrial revolution where companies, big and small, will redefine the way they work through automation and real-time insights into their business processes. The massive bandwidth, device density, ultra-low latency, and battery efficiency of 5G coupled with edge compute will empower people, devices, and systems to interact efficiently and safely in a highly automated environment.
In this position, the product manager will identify and define the people, process and technology capabilities required to deliver the spectrum of managed services for the horizontal and vertical solution. You will work collaboratively across operations, product teams, sales, engineering, customer design/experience and marketing organizations in addition to external customers and partners. In short, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning plan as the owner of the managed services offer you to create, grow, and manage. If you're passionate about solving customers’ problems by building products that make a positive impact by leveraging the latest emerging technologies, then join us at Verizon!
As a product manager, you will be a critical part of the Verizon Business Group organization that is responsible for the service definition, service automation, enabling solutions for operations readiness, providing presale/delivery support and providing tools and processes for service lifecycle. You will define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the leaders of the organization to ensure the developer experience, programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers.
- Apply your knowledge of the managed services, market, the product and the competition to drive product development across teams (Operations, Engineering, Customer Design/Experience, Product Management and Marketing) by developing a Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) that will include service definition, design, implementation, and deployment details.
- Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify product partnership and collaboration opportunities to accelerate and or address gaps in the product portfolio.
- Think digitally regarding product, sales, customer, and full life cycle experience with the goal of improving the customer experience from beginning to end.
- Author collateral, FAQs, white papers, and presentations that can be leveraged across Verizon, external partners, and customers.
- Interact with senior level executives within Verizon and with Fortune 500 companies, and therefore must be an exceptional communicator.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- An MBA.
- Ten or more years of demonstrated full-life cycle ownership of product management, with a specialization in delivering Managed Services.
- Ability to conceptualize new, innovative applications/services and justify design, build, and/or buy decisions using solid ROI analysis.
- Knowledge of business objectives and be creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developers facing product efforts.
- Communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.
- Ability in delivering quickly and collaboratively.
- Ability to take ownership and is accountable for quality of all deliverables.
- Ability to lead/supervise multiple projects, also performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, resources and scheduling.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop resolutions to complex market challenges and customer use cases that require the use of creativity.
- Ability to make decisions that impact projects and staff members.
- Industry knowledge in Retail, Healthcare, Financial Services, Logistics/Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies, telecoms and IoT Business Models.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (AI/ML, AR/VR, blockchain, robotics, IoT, etc.)
- Knowledge of products and technologies across Verizon and how they may strategically align with projects.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience leading or participating in panel discussions.
- Holds patents or has published industry papers/documents/literature.