The role works closely across Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to understand the future of our business and move quickly to establish product vision and bring it to life. The ideal candidate will be a flawless executor, a good partner, and always be ready to roll up their sleeves.
- You will be directly responsible for the establishment, growth, curation, and ongoing management of Ground Control, our SaaS product. This will require conversations with users, buyers, partners, and industry leaders to establish a data-driven market perspective to drive success of our product in the highly competitive drone software market. You will meet regularly with Measure’s President and VP of Engineering to report on your progress.
- Product Strategy. You will be responsible for developing a product strategy that will lead to our software’s growth, adoption, and continued success.
- You will follow drone technology trends, talk to customers, establish a plan, and execute on that plan using a data-driven approach. You’ll incorporate user research and usability studies to identify key areas of improvement and coordinate with the VP of Engineering to deliver those improvements.
- Success. You will align with your cross-functional team on the definition of success by defining, measuring, and tracking OKRs for every initiative. You’ll also define business metrics that provide a short and long-term MEASURE of health and success.
- You will coordinate with the Marketing and Sales to create content that helps them position and sell Measure software to existing, new, and future customers.
- Market awareness. You will maintain a measured, clear view of key competitors and the broader landscape and use that knowledge to maintain the appropriate competitive differentiation with the product.
- You will establish a clear 12-month rolling view of features and capabilities that solve customer problems and grow the acquisition, adoption, and growth of Ground Control.
- You will communicate roadmaps, plans, and status of initiatives narrowly and broadly across the MEASURE business and externally to partners and customers.
- Remove Friction. You will identify opportunities to support the business by reducing friction the sales team encounters when positioning and selling Measure Ground Control.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product management or related experience at a SaaS company.
- Strong understanding of agile development methodologies and how to apply, use, and succeed within that and other development models.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact and establish immediate credibility with the engineering team, executives, sales, and customers.
- Success with defining new products/features, especially SaaS software, from concept through introduction.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- Ability to clearly articulate the “what”, “why”, and “who” to focus requirement definition, design exploration, and engineering execution on the most important customer value.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and product capabilities and then translate them into value propositions. When you fail, you learn and keep going. When you succeed, you teach others.
- Demonstrated ability to work close with others within and without your team to drive toward clear objectives and results.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and product capabilities and then translate them into value propositions.
- Comfortable and passionate about technology with a strong record of execution.
- Experience with drones and/or GIS, a plus but not a requirement.
- Familiarity with any of the following industries is a bonus: Agriculture; Energy; Construction.