Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in four core verticals: Technology, Gaming, Healthcare and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, Everyday Health, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishingoperators across 114 countries.
IGN Entertainment is seeking a Product Manager, Monetization to work in our San Francisco, CA office.
As a part of IGN’s product team, the Product Manager, Monetization (“you”) will help drive revenue by creating compelling advertising products that reach the audiences our advertising partners crave while maintaining a positive user experience across our various screens. You’ll also work closely with marketing and commerce teams to help them meet their subscription and affiliate revenue goals.
You’ll bring a deep understanding of market trends, affiliate and advertising products to the table and work closely with sales and operations to develop a compelling strategy and advertising portfolio. You’ll work closely with the product, editorial and video teams to make sure these products are delivered in a way that is authentic to IGN’s voice and experience.
- Drive product definitions which balance business needs, customer needs and technological capabilities for both display and video advertising. These will be built from the ground up with IGN’s cross-screen strategy in mind.
- Identify new opportunities for IGN (programmatic, CPI, native, etc.) to expand advertising opportunities.
- Utilize analytics, usability studies, research and qualitative feedback to continuously improve our ad product portfolio.
- Participate in project-definition activities with other project stakeholders, including sales, engineering and marketing.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and project manager, to define specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development and implementation against goals.
- Define and prioritize feature development.
- Communicating product status, key issues and launch plans to constituents across the IGN organization including senior management, design, engineering, operations and sales teams.
- Once developed, successfully document and train our sales team. You will equip them for success.
- 3-5+ years of real-world product management experience. You’ve shipped products.
- Intimate familiarity with the ins and outs of digital advertising from ad serving software to programmatic buying to yield management and beyond (Beyond!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to contribute to ideation and concept development.
- Must be self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Prior sales experience is a plus.
- You have a passion for games, or a deep consultancy background (i.e. “well-versed in feigning strong interest”).
Here’s the good stuff about us…
- You’ll make an impact. We reach 140MM unique users each month. We’re big time, but we are a small team — and we’re not afraid to give you real opportunities to make a difference in grand, visible ways.
- Gaming is the culture here. That means it’s actually fun, even when we’re not trying. We share the same passions as our audience, and want to be here.
- We value irreverence. We want you to be yourself, speak your mind, lead shenanigans, and know that nothing here is above question.
- There is value in games and entertainment. We’re the experts and we’re preparing for a future where gaming is everywhere.