SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking a financial Product Manager for the North American Residential business. This role will formulate and execute SunPower’s loan and future ownership products strategy.
As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to participate in strategic decision-making for a business that is constantly changing and to help launch and manage high-quality products at the forefront of consumer finance and solar technology.
This role is cross-functional, working with teams spanning from Project Finance to Sales to Digital, and requires a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial, and flexible individual who can iterate and operate in a fluid business context.
The Product Manager will focus on developing, prioritizing, and launching new products and features; optimizing existing products and customer offers based on market feedback; and managing loan partner relationships. Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics, market research, competitive analysis, customer experience design, and financial modeling is vital for the success in this role. This role will report to the Senior Product Manager, Financial Products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Launch or expand new ownership products and features, including market opportunity assessment, formulation of the go-to-market strategy, and post-launch evaluation/iteration
- Gather competitive intelligence and customer feedback to benchmark and improve SunPower’s loan products
- Conduct market and economic analysis of new and existing ownership product offerings
- Develop a detailed understanding of residential solar economics and sources of customer value throughout targeted geographies to inform product strategy
- Manage relationships with lending partners
- Train residential dealer channel to ensure effective product positioning
- Become a financial products subject matter expert and gain proficiency in tax-equity and debt financing models
- Plan, implement, and evaluate price changes across different markets and products, while ensuring compliance with SOX and investor covenants
- Define metrics and develop reports to be used to measure and evaluate the successful deployment of SunPower’s financial products and support business forecasting
- Define and communicate software requirements needed to convey customer financial offers, as well as support ongoing software-related financial product needs
- Other duties as required to support team objectives
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience
- Advanced Degree is desirable
- OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- B.S. in Engineering, Economics, Math, or Finance desired
- 4-8 years of demonstrated analytical and product management success, preferably in the residential solar industry
- Strong knowledge of consumer lending and credit products
- Understanding of energy markets, utility rates and consumer and channel partner value propositions
- Proven ability to innovatively problem solve and demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- Strong Excel and financial modeling skills
- Superior project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to operate in a billion dollar, global-matrix organization
Other Pertinent Information
- Based in Richmond, CA
- Estimated 10-20% domestic travelrequired
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the United States