Location: Oak Brook, ILDepartment: Information Technology
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining products that will enhance and attract members and potential members, conveying the mission of the organization globally. Owns the complete product life cycle, supporting the overall strategy of the organization. Develops and manages a multi-year product roadmap for one or more products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drives the product lifecycle from strategic planning, prioritization, requirements and related tactical activities for one or more managed products. Develops and manages a multi-year product roadmap.
- Develop a prioritized feature backlog and corresponding justification for the features. Partner with business stakeholders, engineers, and product team toideate, prioritize and deliver solutions.
- Define key metrics to measure success or failure, in line with product roadmap. Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria.
- Lead agile sprint activities, including grooming and planning sessions that state clear business goals; writes detailed epics and stories with clear acceptance criteria. Gain a deep understanding of technology/architecture to better relate to engineering points of view, understand when to push back and assess impact of requests.
- Partner with the Scrum Master and development teams to identify and help mitigate/remove potential roadblocks
- Use research, direct customer observation, user feedback, and analytics to identify and improve products in line with value drivers.
- Understands the changing needs of the market (organization) and the member base and leverages knowledge to specify requirements for current and future products.
- Responsible for communicating regularly to internal project team and all stakeholders
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering, Telecommunications or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience owning and delivering digital solutions as a product manager, product owner, or similar customer-facing digital capability.
- 3+ years of experience in agile and lean startup product management processes.
- Proficient using wireframing/mockup tools (e.g., SnagIt, Balsamiq, Axure, etc)
- Expertise in web technologies. Knowledge of Drupal, Acquia Search, Apache Solr, and Webdam a plus
- Superior attention to detail with strong written and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills