Are you an experienced Product Manager looking for an opportunity to work with an innovative team? How would you like to work with a close-knit team that is implementing an enterprise Laboratory Information Management System in an organization working to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health?
If so, The Jackson Laboratory has a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a Product Manager with solid experience in configurable Laboratory Information Management Systems to contribute in a team-oriented environment to a multi-year implementation of an enterprise LIMS system across several dozen laboratories at multiple sites in the organization.
As a leader, this role will require working across IT with Business System Analysts, Enterprise Architects, stakeholders in Operations, Laboratories, Research and Finance, and a host of others on cross-functional and often cross-departmental teams to develop and deliver on a product roadmap. Moreover, you will provide critical insights into software design & development that enable an open and scalable ecosystem of offerings supportingthe rapidly growing and highly integrated needs of laboratory service groups.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business, technical and scientific expertise, strategic thinking and tactical execution.This individual will be responsible both for the management and leadership of their delivery team, communication to stakeholders on progress of the roadmap, as well as the deliverables themselves. This delivery will be done on top of the Core Informatics. The Platform for Science is a cloud-based informatics platform, providing the underlying data management infrastructure for lab workflows, allowing end-to-end sample and specimen tracking across experiments, assays, and processes.
This role will directly support our Research Laboratories ane Scientific Services. This will be an onsite postiion in either Bar Harbor, ME or Farmington, CT.
- Create and maintain product roadmap for assigned area as well as work with and influence others for honing and acceptance of the roadmap
- Recruit, maintain, and mentor a strong, learning team to deliver on the roadmap
- Track and communicate status of your delivery to your stakeholders in a timely fashion Lead and participate in process improvement initiatives at your team, across your department, and across JAX as required
- Stay up to date on latest market and strategic trends
- Deep biotech or pharmaceutical industry domain expertise demonstrated through Implementation of new approaches to solve challenging problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including a combined background in natural & computer science.
- Experience in computer programming and software APIs is required
- Experience with Scientific Data Management software including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELN).
- Self-starter who is highly collaborative, energized working Institutional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both technical and functional
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and enterprise information management solutions and their benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Industrial Engineering or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Knowledge of the market and industry
- 6+ years’ experience in IT or operations along with people leadership experience
- Expert understanding of Scrum preferred
- Must maintain a HIGH level of ownership and see assignments through to completion based on agreed upon deadlines.
- Must be prepared to learn new business processes or application nuances very quickly.
- Escalates issues to their leadership in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Organizes own workload and works closely with leadership to ensure own workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines.
- Maintains a working knowledge of JAX’s applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software architecture and delivery models
- Lead design based on requirements, standardize patterns for consistent user experience and enterprise data modeling, and evolve configuration patterns to deliver effective business value
- Recommend and prototype solution options based on requirements to provide effective user experience while minimizing technical debt and administrative overhead.
- Oversee design, prototyping, customization, testing, and release of custom solutions using technologies such as OData, REST APIs, C#, AngularJS, and .NET.
- Experience with Core Informatics and/or MS Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365, is a plus
- Advanced experience and demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Visio.
- Knowledge of current principles, practices and techniques of software development
- Knowledge of IT and market trends
- Knowledge of technical and business writing.
- Ability to mentor and lead a team effectively
- Ability to diagnose application problems quickly and work with others towards effective solutions for them.
- Ability to prepare documentation, charts, and graphs pertinent to work assignments.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely in understandable form, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business community, vendors, customers, and coworkers.