The Services Product Manager (SPdM) plays an essential role in determining and supporting the solutions we provide to our clients. This role collaborates with product managers (PdM) to define and optimize the end-to-end workflow, service capabilities, technologies, tools and products within a value stream. The Product Manager – Intake/Processing Services monitors market trends and client needs for services and solutions to differentiate Lighthouse and stay competitive in the market. This role provides clarity on Lighthouse’s solutions to clients, sales teams and across service delivery. With this singular clarity, the Services Product Managers drive standards and consistency across our solutions while identifying exceptions when the opportunity justifies them.
- Partner with members of the Value Stream team to set vision, direction and priorities for the Intake/Processing Value Stream. A Value Stream includes all services, products, and technology that Lighthouse uses to provide a solution for external or internal clients. Value Streams are defined as the complete solution for a distinct portion of the clients’ requirements to manage a case. The definition and grouping of Value Streams may change over time, and the Services Product Manager will be a thought leader to guide change as needed.
- Be responsible for the services components of the Intake / Processing Value Stream, which includes solutions used for intake and processing clients’ data to normalize the format to be managed and reviewed within Relativity and alternative review platforms.
- Define what and how we provide the solution within a Value Stream in Service Delivery to meet the market, client and business objectives
- Complete a thorough assessment and documentation of the existing set of services offered (eg “services catalog”) which is critical to success.
- Define standards across functions and pods and drives the organization to greater consistency and fewer custom workarounds.
- Identify and recommend custom work when justified.
- Answer the question of “can we do this for the client”.
- Define, track and optimize SLAs.
- Make decisions and force standards within Service Delivery and across all departments, to change workflow, and to adopt 3rd party technology.
- Partner with the Intake/Processing Value Steam team to set the roadmap for improvement, extension of capabilities, and efficiency gains.
- Determine when a solution is ready for deployment and has the authority to declare “good enough” and prioritizes feature enhancements for the next version.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management to guide the development of products and technology that support the solution. Supports the Solution Owner(s) in epic planning to set priorities for strategies that define features, functionality and overall solutions in support of the Intake / Processing Value Stream.
- Determine which SME should provide information and make decisions related to key elements in the Value Stream.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding of e-discovery best practices and of current and emerging technologies.
- Ability to interpret complex technical requirements provided in written or oral form.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally and to leverage those relationships to effectively drive projects to completion.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolution.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Navigate a global, matrix-organization and ability to maintain positive, authentic relationships.
- Ability to work within timelines and budget parameters.
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus).
- 10+ years of e-discovery experience, with 5+ years of e-discovery project management, operations or consulting experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to use a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.