At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager Lead within PNC's Institutional Asset Management organization, you will be based in Los Angeles, CA.Job Description
- Responsible for end-to-end business and financial results for multi-faceted, complex products through the selection, design, development and promotion of new and existing products utilizing traditional and emerging capabilities in technology, operations, and data analytics to offer customers a differentiated product experience.
- Uses knowledge of emerging technologies to deliver products to customers through all applicable channels. Prioritizes and makes decisions regarding recommendations. Champions business cases, business plan and roll-out of specific products, product groups or experiences.
- Monitors the marketplace to assess product, technology, and markets trends to identify a market need or opportunity. Recommend innovative new products, new experiences or enhancements to existing products and develops and designs the features of a designated new or existing products Manages the end-to-end development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products, product groups or experiences and resolves complex operational and process problems that arise .
- Partners with key stakeholders including sales, marketing, digital channel delivery, and other internal service partners. Participates and/or leads activities with external stakeholders and clients to ensure all product offerings meet their strategic goals. Develops product-specific marketing initiatives. Supports risk management, compliance and audit needs as part of the first line of defense.
- Drives business, financial and customer experience results of new and existing products and recommends modifications in product features and/or marketing to improve results. Coordinates across groups and leads key contributors.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Collaborating – Knowledge and ability to promote a culture of information sharing and working together to solve business problems and meet business goals.Competitive Environment – Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Design Thinking – Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Emerging Technologies – Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.Innovation – Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.Knowledge Of Product Line – Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Producing Results – Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.Work Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.Education