Responsible for supporting the laminate and wood segment. Maintain a balanced portfolio with primary focus on laminate through deletion of current products and addition of new products as necessary to drive and support continuous growth within the laminate and wood business. Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering & prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, operations, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue growth and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals as well as gaining knowledge and experience on all other hard surface products.
- Drive the new product launch process from concept to implementation.
- Collaborate with R&D, manufacturing, and marketing in developing new products and managing existing ones.
- Conduct various financial analyses including product line forecasts, inventory planning, SKU management, pricing, and margin analysis.
- Provide input and analysis for all product forecasts.
- Develop project plans and timelines and manage projects to a timely completion.
- Maintain product management databases and distribute relevant information to other functional groups.
- Facilitates problem resolution related to product quality and supply chain issues.
- Prepare educational and training information for the sales field and customer base.
- Gather intelligence on competitive product, pricing and promotion and compile analysis in each product/fiber category.
- Establish key contacts with field sales and dealer network to enhance market research/market intelligence collection.
- Field questions and requests from the sales team and customer base, route those requests to the appropriate department and respond back in a timely manner.Identify promotional opportunities needed to balance product sales to manufacturing capacities.
- Active involvement in making product presentations to major customers/field sales.
- Establish a working relationship with all levels of corporate and regional sales management.
- Establish a working relationship with all internal customers (i.e. Product Development, Sales, Marketing, Aligned Dealer, Builder, National Accounts, Home Centers, Distributors, etc.).
- Attend and participate at National and Regional Conventions/Shows.
- 25-40% travel required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the overall product strategy as well as the design, development, and introduction of new products.
- Conduct market research and identifies new product opportunities with current and potential customer base.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing or related field with 5 years successful sales and/or product marketing experience in the flooring industry.
- Knowledge of Mohawk's organizational and functional operating structure, and products.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas: Microsoft Office Suite,
- Previous project management experience in a cross-functional environment is required. Involving successfully organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation while fostering team collaboration and task commitment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret/ adapt system procedures or operating concepts to fit new situations.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize and execute new initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while traveling in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.
- Creative thinker – innovative and visionary.
- Ability to work well in an autonomous, unstructured environment.
- Ability to travel independently and manage extensive travel schedule.