POSITION SUMMARY : The Product Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of assigned product lines, more specifically: Develop product plans, catalog pricing, bid analysis, and provide support to all functions of the organization to include, sales, engineering, programs and manufacturing. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary interface to sales staff for quotes and proposals (pricing, delivery, technical information, and strategy)
- Assist in developing proposals when required
- Create detailed project cost estimates using various methods, Top-Down, Bottoms-Up, etc.
- Develop technical responses to RFI/RFQ solicitations
- Directly interface with Sales, Business Development and Engineering to define future product offerings, options, and upgrade and as a result of information received, develop Product Plans
- Maintain Product Catalogue including developing product and accessory pricing
- Communicate pricing to sales staff
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing and Engineering to make recommendations for product inventory
- Collaborate with Marketing Department regarding sales promotions, website updates, and literature requirements
- Responsible for content of all publicly released marketing materials
- Track progress of development projects and communicate relevant data to sales
- Recommend standards for GCS product testing, marking, packaging, etc.
- Perform periodic competitive analysis to assure GCS price and value competitiveness; recommend changes as indicated by the data
- Work with engineering/supply chain to evaluate and select vendors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory responsibilities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, engineering discipline strongly preferred; other discipline will be considered if adequate technical product experience is evident
- Minimum of four (4) years’ of experience in product management of technical products/projects and/or project engineering
- Experience writing technical documents such as proposals, white papers, and formal responses to customers COMPETENTICIES:
- Proven capability working with customers & building relationships
- Proven capability working and negotiating with suppliers
- Proven capability to work under pressure with changing priorities
- Quick thinker with business savvy.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of good performance
- Must be willing to travel, up to 25%. PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- PMP certification
- Experience in product development in satellite or radio communications is desirable
- Experience in VSAT products development or systems design and understanding of components that make up the system.
- Working in direct sales or sales support role.
- Skills in IT area is desirable, Excel, SQL, CISCO
- US Military background is desirable
OUR BENEFITS START IMMEDIATELY
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement are a few of our benefit offerings
- Sick and Vacation Paid Time Off
- 10 Annual Holidays
- Stock Purchase Plan and 401(K) with matching
- Small company feel with the backing of one of the largest defense contractors