Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for 90 years…setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today
The Steering Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the product and customer strategies for the torque overlay steering product line. This position has commercial responsibility for product changes, component pricing, VAVE, profitability and contract review. Directly accountable for the Program Management, budgeting and forecasting for the product line.
- The Product Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the product strategy relative to new products, product extensions and managing obsolescence.
- This position manages the profitability of the product line through cost reduction programs, growth, long-term agreements (LTA), pricing and through improved plant operating performance.
- The Product Manager, in collaboration with the Product Group Director, develops the Strategic Planning (STRAP) and Mid-Term Operating Plan (MOP) for the assigned product lines, presents them to CoC leadership, and takes the necessary actions to delivers results based on the plans.
- Must develop a strong working relationship with counterparts within the steering team both in North America and globally to ensure a worldwide strategy for the product line is developed and implemented.
- Leads multifunctional integrated program teams, strong interface with external customers, OE/AM sales, and Knorr-Bremse peers/corporate.
- Initially accountable for the customer leads and delivery to market by:
- Supporting CoC Product Management, OEM Key Account Managers, Resident Application Engineers and sales support teams in implementation of customer strategies including price quotations and field test programs.
- Establish relationship with engineering groups of targeted customers to gain understanding of customer specifications and product requirements.
- Establish business case for new opportunities based on product line and customer strategies (support solicited/unsolicited proposal efforts).
- Develop customer requirements and specifications and champion the business case to the Product Group Director of the business unit and engineering for development and application work.
- Assist in establishing priorities based on customers’ needs and critical milestones.
- Establish and maintain customer profiles relative to steering systems (vehicle platform matrix, product position and penetration, critical specific technical and commercial requirements).
- Support Product Group Director in the development of Strategic Plan (STRAP), Mid-Year Operational Plan (MOP), and Product Management Tools (PMT).
- Develop and maintain customer and competitor profiles.
- Develop and present technical sales presentations to customers and field sales personnel.
- Maintain steering system documentation (service data sheets, sales support literature, etc.).
- Develops and mentors direct reports. Knowledge of the operation, design and application of Bendix and Knorr-Bremse products.
- Knowledge of steering systems, including integration with braking systems and driver assistance systems for trucking applications.
- Steering system technical knowledge
- Business case and financial analysis knowledge required.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
- In-depth understanding of the trucking industry – its customers, manufacturers, associations, and regulatory issues.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience, preferably in application engineering, product management, sales, or product marketing.
- Experience in the heavy-duty truck, bus and/or automotive market both global and domestic.
- Leads teams to drive new projects and programs in anticipation of business needs.
- Candidate must have excellent strategic skills and have demonstrated these skills in previous jobs.
- Strong business management (financial and portfolio analysis) and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and, oral communication skills in a cross-functional, team environment.
- Able to prioritize time/resources/goals.
- Challenges and formulates new processes and strategic thinking and leads the development of new core processes and products to enhance CoC business performance.
- Able to identify customer needs and builds relationships with key OE and Fleet customers.
- Influences and motivates others, provides direction, removes barriers, leads high impact teams.
- Able to adapt to diversity of local and global working teams.
- Possesses the skills to succeed in a hybrid matrix organization.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Engineering or Business require. Masters or MBA preferred.
- Greenbelt certified preferred.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- Telework policy
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan