The Product Manager (Curtainwall / Protective Glazing / Finishing) is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Kawneer product range and are integral to the company’s pursuit of a value proposition based on a differentiated product/service offer. Product Management is the function within an organization dealing with the planning, forecasting, production and marketing of a product or products at all stages of the product lifecycle. The product lifecycle management includes people, data, processes and business systems.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage a product portfolio with the objective of maximizing Kawneer's competitive positioning vis-à-vis competition as well as the profitability of the company's products;
- Drive marketing initiatives aimed at feeding the new product development process to ensure that product development activities are customer-driven and will meet future market needs;
- Continually assess existing and potential target markets for the product line;
- Develop and Track critical business issues/needs related to the product line;
- Determine and Track customer and architect issues related to the product line;
- In conjunction with market research, assess current market data and trends;
- Track competitors and their strengths and weaknesses relative to our products (products, price, service, profitability);
- Coordinate/conduct market research related to the product line (concept testing, surveys, customer satisfaction, etc);
- Establish product positioning, promotion and pricing in target markets;
- Develop positioning efforts across markets – continually maintain clear and concise product positioning that highlights the market;
- Work with Marketing Communications to structure literature and other supporting materials, fairs, seminars / dealer panels, advertising / communication campaigns, mailing, web site, PR;
- Define, implement and manage new product promotional activities and launch strategies across markets;
- Track use of the product line and work closely with sales to obtain feedback;
- Support the sales process and build tools and training to assist sales and the front end;
- Analyze potential partnerships - both internal and external;
- Attend events, such as trade shows, focus group meetings, industry seminars to stay current with the industry, understand client needs, understand the competition and adjust messaging as needed;
- Represent Kawneer on committees and organizations related to fenestration (AAMA, NFRC, ABAA).
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Strong leadership background of cross-functional teams;
- Ability to effectively hold teams accountable to timelines, quality and assigned budgets;
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of delivering on time and on budget;
- Analytical Expertise with ability to effectively review and use data from multiple sources to draw sound conclusions;
- Understanding of manufacturing cost and ability to analyze cost to establish customer pricing;
- Understanding of list pricing, discount schedules, gross margins;
- Must be able to directly interface with functional leaders and senior leadership to align strategic product initiatives;
- Understanding of building codes and design principals;
- Understanding of green building market trends and latest developments;
- Mastery of the 4Ps of marketing;
- Ability to travel 25 to 50% based on project needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing and /or product management experience;
- Minimum of 1 yearexperience in the Construction (Commercial and / or Residential) or Architectural Industry.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution;
- Experience with Curtain Wall and / or Window Wall experience;
- Familiar with aluminum fenestration products.