Product Manager, B2B and B2C Accounts Payable
As Product Manager for this software as a service and transaction processing platform for accounts payable company, you will be responsible for the revenue and profit growth of your product portfolio, including all product planning and release execution throughout the lifecycle of the product portfolio. This includes: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining and prioritizing product releases, creating defensible business requirements, driving functional requirement definition, shepherding this through development and successfully launching new product releases/new products. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product portfolio, working with the sales channel and key customers in a pre-sales support capacity, including delivery of targeted product demonstrations. To be successful in this role you must be a ruthless prioritizer while balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders. You will need to have direct experience delivering enterprise SaaS/transaction processing solutions to the vertical and/or the accounts payable horizontal market.
Our AP platform is a multi-faceted payment and communication engine currently serving the healthcare industry and capable of expanding to other markets. The accounts payable capabilities include:
· ACH, Enhanced ACH, Virtual Card and Check payments of health insurance claims to healthcare providers
· Print and electronic presentation of remittance advice (ERA, ANSI 835 EDI files, and EOP)
· Print and electronic presentation of member explanations of benefit (EOB)
· Value based contract incentive communications and payments
· Broker, vendor and other non-claim payments
· Member incentive payments
This company's accounts payable customers include health insurers, life insurers, third party administrators, integrated delivery networks and others.
Known for excellent service and innovation, this organization creates value for customers by improving performance on value-based care contracts, reducing print and mail costs, and raising provider satisfaction. This company aims to unify the accounts payable and accounts receivable data flows for customers to provide transparency and control over cash
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Revenue – Be the steward of the revenue contribution and profitability of your product portfolio
· Market-based Research and Planning - specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
· Product Lifecycle – manage it all - from strategic planning to tactical activities
· Voice of the Customer – manage/champion VOC input related to your product portfolio
· Market Intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
· Business Cases - develop business cases for each new product / product enhancement to demonstrate viability of the product/capability, including target pricing and margin, addressable and realizable market, SWOT analysis, estimated development, implementation and support costs etc.
· Business and functional requirements – develop epics, user stories, and sprint plans so that that product development understands what to build and how it needs to function with other parts of the product or environment and QA understands how to test.
· Product development - shepherd new products /product enhancements through the Agile development life cycle to ensure what you have defined is built and delivered on spec and on time and on budget
· Product Pricing – develop pricing models for all products in your portfolio that is appropriate for the verticals and geographies into which these products are to be sold
· Product Launch – Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan to successfully launch new products /versions to current and new markets, Develop Playbook for each product covering:
o Product description
o How it works
o Target audience/Personas
o Product Positioning
o Value proposition
o Features and benefits
o Competitive analysis
o Why/How to sell it
· Sales enablement – help define the value proposition of the products for the sales team and help develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
· Product Positioning – help develop product positioning messages and product value propositions based that differentiate their products in the market
· Content - Help define tailored content for presentations, demonstrations, etc. that highlight the value proposition of your product portfolio
· Assist with Demand generation – Contribute to marketing programs that will drive awareness and demand for your products.
· Users personas – understand and manage to the user personas and their particular needs
· Competitive Intelligence – research and understand competitive offerings in your marketplaces and how how this organization competes successfully against these offerings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Demonstrated understanding of Pragmatic Marketing or other product management methodology
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a product and its positioning in a marketplace
· Product management of proprietary enterprise SaaS solutions sold to health insurance firms
· Solid technical aptitude to grasp the technical nature of products and the environments in which they operate
Required Work Experience:
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a Product Management role in a B2B enterprise SaaS environment using Agile software development lifecycle processes and metrics
· 5 years of experience working within or providing solutions to the health insurance industry or analogous industries such as life insurance or property & casualty insurance.
· Bachelor's degree in technical, business or marketing field, with high academic achievement
· MBA or equivalent business experience an asset
· Willingness to travel up to 30% of time to visit customers, prospects, partners, other offices, etc.
· Ability to work in offices most days to facilitate teamwork and rapid collaboration
This is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment at here is based upon your individual merit and qualifications. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, protected veteran status or disability, genetic characteristic, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Valid through: 8/20/2020