Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon we are reimagining IoT with 5G. Verizon Business Group is looking for a Product Manager to help define and build its IoT product strategy around 5G with special focus around next gen Automotive.
- Interfacing with existing and new IoT customers that access ThingSpace platform to provision, manage and automate devices, connectivity and other managed services.
- Deliver and maintain a strategic view of network technologies tied to business value and growth opportunities in IoT verticals such as Connected Vehicles.
- Working with partners to accelerate intelligent IoT solutions in providing value-added benefits for enterprise customers will be part of this position.
- Building new IoT product features that leverage the advanced network capabilities and translate them as customer-facing platform features.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees) or MBA.
- Eightor more years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution.
- Strong knowledge in interfacing with 5G Network elements and 5G specifications.
- Experience working in automotive technologies.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, telecoms and IoT Business Models.
- Knowledge of products and technologies across Verizon and how they may strategically align with projects.
- Strong communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.
- Ability to take ownership and is accountable for quality of all deliverables.
- Ability to support multiple projects, also performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, resources and scheduling.
- Generally considered an industry expert amongst internal and external peer groups.
- Comfortable working with both technical and business communities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong logical, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.