Responsible for the development and management (including strategic positioning, performance, marketability, and customer usage) of the product life cycle for assigned Translational Science Center (TSC) products within Intermountain Precision Genomics (IPG). May recommend opportunities for new products and services for the organization.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures assigned products are positioned to meet the TSC growth goals and financial targets.
- Manages the entire product life cycle (e.g., market intelligence, conceptualization, product development, launch, growth, maturity, retirement).
- Evaluates and implements design modifications and other product initiatives to improve existing products and associated services offered to customers to meet product objectives. Works management and other IPG personnel as needed, in evaluating, analyzing, establishing, and modifying product designs, pricing, and delivery to ensure ongoing marketability of assigned products.
- Introduces new products to market. Works with business development, marketing, customer support, lab, bioinformatics, and other internal departments to develop product requirements, go-to-market strategies, and launch plans. Ensures effective communication/promotional strategies, develops key messaging for products and key strategic market issues, and produces product materials and sales collateral.
- Responsible for internal and external training on features, benefits, and the value proposition of products and services. Develops product education material with clear value proposition, product performance, and competitive analysis.
- Develops and reviews communication material (e.g., technical data sheets, slide presentations, technical notes and white papers).
- Attends major industry meetings, conferences, trade shows, etc. as needed.
- Understands and monitors market, competitive trends, and competitor products and recommends actions when necessary. Identifies opportunities, challenges, and solutions for impacted product objectives.
- Manages relationships with product vendors, partners, and affiliate contracts as applicable.
- Develops, manages, and monitors key performance indicators for all assigned products.
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Benefits Eligible
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, economics, a clinical field, public health, healthcare, biological science, public administration, or in a related field of study. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Four years of experience with product development, product management, product adoption across life science markets, service line management, network development, strategic planning, or business development.
- Demonstrated strong skills in planning, detail and accuracy, creative thinking, verbal and written interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated skills in spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, word processing, and internet research.
- Interact with others requiring caregiver to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, clinical field, public health, or related field.
- Large group presentation experience.
- Product adoption across life science markets experience.
- Product development experience.
- Experience with products, services, and applications in the genomics market, specifically with next-generation sequencing.