Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 38 days ago
The Product Manager will own the vision and product strategy for new, innovative products in the allied health education and training market. The position is responsible for the creation and execution of product solutions from idea to market to ongoing adoption, usage and profitability. The position defines, launches, and builds profitable product solutions and ensures the solutions are developed to the feature and price specifications that each target market segment demands. The Product Manager is responsible for the achievement of growth objectives including revenue, profitability, market share, customer satisfaction and ROI.
• Develop and drive an effective product strategy and solution development plan, implementation methodology and resourcing plan and create business cases for new products and services.• Understand and evaluate macro/micro market trends and drive internal/external ideation processes to identify and evaluate new innovation opportunities
Determine customer needs and desires by specifying and conducting research needed to obtain market information relevant to product attractiveness, design, and development.• Drive the overall execution of product lifecycle management including strategy, development, launch, maintenance, and enhancements of products/solutions in all markets as part of a cross functional business team. Includes build/buy strategy evaluation and recommendation.
• Own the long-term NHA Product Development Plan for assigned products, including enhancements, maintenance, and innovation.
• Drive and lead cross-functional teams to ensure delivery and implementation of products meets revenue and customer satisfaction goals.
• Coordinate pricing for products and solutions in consideration of the strategy to ensure profitable growth.
• Lead cross-functional efforts on internal and external product message, marketing materials, and product launch.
• Identify possible third party partner’s specific to business unit roadmap needs and are critical to providing a complete solution for prospects and customers.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degreepreferred.
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success in a product management, product strategy, or product development role.
• Experience evaluating, recommending and developing key strategies for product-related business objectives. Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
• Proven ability to build momentum for new products across sales, marketing, and operations organizations.
• Experience working with technical and analytics development teams; along with developing and communicating technical and analytics focused strategies for various audiences.
• Strong understanding of business financial metrics, including profit and loss.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to research and understand the targeted markets, clients and competition.
• Critically and objectively analyze market needs, pain points, and desires in a concise and compelling fashion.
• Ability to understand market and customer needs and translate those needs into viable product solutions.
• Understanding of the dynamics of education and academic markets.
• Able to successfully launch disruptive and innovative technology and products.
• Communicate effectively and drive strategy for technical platforms and analytics capabilities.
• Forecast product needs and results including financial planning, resourcing, sales projections, and marketing needs.
• Seek out new or alternative ways of delivering and creating products that provide an engaging and outcome oriented experience.
• Demonstrate curiosity as it relates to the industry, customer, and clients of customers.
• Proactively seek out partnership opportunities to support and leverage existing products
• Excellent prioritization skills based on customer needs and business unit requirements.
• Ability to effectively manage time and maintain an organized set of records.
• Provide reports that are related to relevant business unit concerns.
• Proficiency with PC or MAC including Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent leadership and internal communication skills.
• Ability to set goals, build effective agendas, and lead successful meetings.
• Demonstrable creativity for problem solving.