The Product Manager will manage defined product platforms and provide communication to the sales team and distributors. The successful individual will be part of an existing team that will include product development resources, as well as marketing personnel who will assist with go to market strategy and implementation. This individual will be responsible for the growth and market performance of these product platforms through several key objectives.
- Develop and execute overall vision and strategy for assigned product platforms to grow the business.
- Improve product profitability through cost reductions and recommends pricing adjustments.
- Direct and perform market research to define market size, growth and trends including pricing, competition & opportunity.
- Work with existing segment teams to identify global product development priorities and creating engineering specifications needed for design and development.
- Create clear, concise value propositions for each proposed product, as well as estimated market potential.
- Collect and synthesize customer insights (VOC) and competitive intelligence through customer interviews, market research, and channel knowledge.
- Responsible for successful launch and commercialization of new products.
- Evaluate and report on product performance – sales volume, margins, and market share.
- Develop a deep understanding of the end-user’s business and their unmet needs.
- Use creative tactics to communicate and promote new products to both end users and distributors.
- Act as a liaison with sales, engineering, manufacturing and appropriate division personnel to communicate and deliver product solutions that maintain market leadership.
- Investigate and understand customer/market expectations; define product strategy that meets expectations of customers, distributors, sales and the division.
- Contribute to long range and annual planning
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Strong business acumen
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a product based, business to business environment
- Must possess technical aptitude to understand product capabilities and consumer needs
- Understanding of welding process preferred
- Proven ability to analyze current business issues, end-user needs
- Demonstrated success in leading high-level projects & cross-functional teams from start to completion.
- Ability to build relationships among employees, distributors, and key end-users
- Demonstrated ability to present and facilitate in front of groups
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, high motivation, and solid decision-making abilities.
- Well organized, aggressive self-starter with the willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to establish plans independently with limited direction or supervision.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment that values an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Up to 25% travelrequired